Full-Time Accounts Payable Accountant
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE ACCOUNTANT
The Simon Wiesenthal Center, Inc., a global human rights organization, is seeking a full-time Accounts Payable Accountant.
In this role, you will be responsible for the full cycle of accounts payable including processing expense reports, supporting the month-end close and assisting with general ledger account reconciliations. This requires you to have accounts payable and general ledger experience, proficiency in MS Word and Excel, and the ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment, value attention to detail, a “will-do” attitude, be enthusiastic and personable.
- Review and process invoices, expense reports and other transactions while ensuring compliance with the organization’s policies
- Verify and reconcile vendor accounts according to their contracts and maintain/update payment schedules/recaps
- Assist with general ledger account reconciliations and ensure transactions are accurately recorded
- Assist the Accounting team with completion of month-end close procedures, accruals and journal entries
- Assist the AP team to process weekly check runs
- Assist with audits as needed
- Protect the organization’s value by keeping information confidential
- Accomplish the Accounting department and organization’s mission by completing tasks and special projects as assigned
- At least 4 years of experience in accounting functions, with accounts payable and general ledger experience and knowledge of GAAP
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Highly detail-oriented
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be a team player with excellent organizational, analytical and time-management skills
- Ability to partner effectively with other departments to achieve desired results
- Collaborative, positive, team-oriented attitude with desire to work in a fast paced work environment
Computer literate: Mandatory proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel, ability & willingness to learn proprietary custom software program
35 hours/week, Monday-Friday
Equal Opportunity Employer
How to ApplyQualified applicants please email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org We carefully screen all applicants and select candidates whose qualifications seem to meet our needs and will contact you by email if you are selected to continue in the recruitment process.
4333 total views, 2 today