Part-Time Administration and Communications Coordinator
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Boston-Area Jewish Education Program (BJEP) is seeking a systems-oriented, tech-savvy people-person to perform administrative, communications and development tasks. The ideal candidate will be organized and skilled in using Google Drive, spreadsheets, database software, and online communications platforms. We are seeking someone with strong interpersonal skills, an ability to multi-task, and a capacity to work both independently and collaboratively. Knowledge of Jewish traditions and a love of working with kids are a plus. Position includes a flexible work schedule and the benefit of working from home, except on Sundays when BJEP is in session. There is room for creativity on independent projects, as well as the satisfaction of effectively managing routine tasks.
This is an opportunity to support the vision and growth of an already vibrant Jewish learning community. BJEP values a joyful and supportive work environment and a healthy work/life balance. This position will report to the Director and will work closely with members of the Parent Board.
- Manage day-to-day administration for BJEP’s ~150-student Hebrew School community, including email reminders, permission slips, and CORI forms
- Collaborate with Director to create and implement classroom schedule and BJEP calendar
- Staff BJEP office on Sundays, greeting and supporting students, parents and teachers
- Set-up all BJEP programs when school is in session, Sundays ~7:30-1:30
- Set up and manage all email lists through Gmail and Mailchimp, update and maintain website through WordPress, and work with Director to send out regular email communications
- Purchase, print and organize teaching materials and purchase snacks and supplies for classes
- Manage classroom and office supplies inventory and BJEP library
- Coordinate and implement yearly and ongoing student registration
- Coordinate Parent Volunteer Job program
- Coordinate logistics for school events, including annual open house, community-wide programs and High Holiday Services
- Attend all school events and quarterly board meetings, including High Holiday Services
- Develop and maintain student and alumni database and BJEP alumni network
- Submit monthly payroll
- Communicate with Brandeis facilities personnel regarding room reservations and custodial support
- Provide as-needed support to parent-volunteer Board of Directors and to Director, and meet with Director weekly
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Knowledge of Jewish customs and traditions a plus
- Experience with Google Drive, Mailchimp, WordPress, Social Media platforms, spreadsheets & documents
- Warm, motivated, organized, flexible, creative, timely, reliable, collaborative, efficient & personable
BJEP (Boston-area Jewish Education Program) is an independent and vibrant Jewish learning community. Through our interactive curriculum, we instill in our students a sense of joy and belonging within the Jewish community and knowledge of Jewish traditions and the Hebrew language. BJEP meets 24 Sundays a year, serving approximately 100 families from all backgrounds and 150 students from pre-k through seventh grade. BJEP graduates can choose to continue on as post-graduate madrichim (teen aides). The school community is overseen by a director, organized and funded by BJEP parents, and governed by a parent-volunteer board of directors. Although BJEP meets on the campus of Brandeis and utilizes its students as teachers, BJEP is not affiliated with the university. BJEP follows the academic and Jewish calendar.
For more information, visit www.bjep.com.
|Duration||15 hours/week, year-round(hours change monthly due to following an academic calendar)|
|Salary Range||Commensurate with experience, Paid Time Off included|
|Degree||Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree a plus|
|Job Categories||Operations, Communications, Development|
|Job Focus||Hebrew School Administration|
|Organization Name||Boston-Area Jewish Education Program (BJEP)|
|Job Location||Waltham, Massachusetts|
|Start Date||Week of January 4, 2016|
How to ApplyTo apply, please send the following as email attachments to Rabbi Ari Lev Fornari, BJEP Director and Dana Ravech, Chairperson of the BJEP Board of Directors, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com:
- Cover letter explaining why you are interested in and qualified for the position
- Full CV listing education and employment
- Two references (names and contact information)
1151 total views, 1 today