Part-Time Animation Teaching Artist
Young Audiences New York (YANY) currently seeks an Animation Artist, knowledgeable and proficient in Stop-Motion-Animation (to include Dragonframe and Adobe Premiere). The Animation Project is a semester long, after-school residency offered in the fall semester by YANY in partnership with the Sony Wonder Technology Lab.
The ideal candidate is a creative and resourceful individual who can lead studio workshops, develop story telling skills and visual artistry, create a sense of community, and introduce students to professional careers in the field of media arts. Our ideal Animator will approach this task with dedication, ownership, energy, passion, and humor.
The mission of the Animation Project is to provide NYC public high school students with free, professional level training in animation and its various artistic components – other key elements include opportunities to show original work, learn about career development, and create potential for future engagement in the arts and arts related professions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Develop the scope and style of the Animation Project’s workshops, special events, and Facebook page under the direction of YANY staff and in collaboration with Sony Wonder Technology staff.
2. Provide high-quality instruction in the art of stop-motion-animation, story development, theme and artistry, and character development.
3. Design and lead weekly studio sessions from October to January including one public screening at Sony Wonder.
4. Assist Young Audiences in recruitment of student participants.
5. Interview and select students for the animation project each school year.
6. Foster students’ interest and skills in animation and use these skills to create their own animation works for presentation.
7. Collaborate with outside organizations, studios, and animators to create a vibrant arts experience and introduce students to professions in the arts.
8. Assist in identifying opportunities for interactions between young animators and members of the creative professional community and animation industry.
-A minimum of 3-5 years animating in a professional setting.
-3-5 years of experience as a teaching artist working with teens, preferably in NYC.
-Expert use of latest animation and editing software including Dragonframe, and Adobe Premiere.
-The ability to engage students with varying interests in animation, from storytelling, to drawn animation, to sound scoring.
-Experience and interest leading studio classes to all levels of experience, specifically related to animation and story development.
-Flexible, with a good sense of humor.
-Strong ability to collaborate and take joint ownership over the project.
The Animation Project meets at Sony Wonder once per week from 4:30-6:30pm from October-January for 14-sessions.
How to ApplyPlease submit resume, cover letter and two work samples: one student project and one professional project to email@example.com. No calls please.
1709 total views, 1 today