Full-Time Associate Development Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Florida Regional Associate Development Director is the representative of American Friends of Rambam in the region, responsible for increasing Rambam’s community strength and awareness by building a powerful base of support for Rambam in Sothern Florida. S/he should be a strong fundraiser who will serve as the driver on individual, event, and institutional development efforts. They must have excellent judgment, superior written and oral communication skills, and the ability to work well with board members. Proven success in managing an overall fundraising effort is essential
The American Friends of Rambam is a national not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization established to promote and support The Rambam Health Care Campus – the premier medical institution located in Haifa, Israel.
Rambam is a 1,000-bed, full service teaching hospital and Northern Israel’s largest medical center and tertiary referral center for 11 district hospitals. Located in Haifa, Israel’s third largest city, Rambam serves more than two million residents – one third of Israel’s population. Rambam has been at the center of Israel’s conflicts -through the Second Lebanon war, when the hospital was treating civilian patients and casualties and wounded soldiers from the front while being under continuous rocket attacks, the Flotilla incident and the northern fires. Rambam is in the midst of an amazing expansion and development campaign, building an entire new west campus consisting of the new children’s hospital, oncology hospital, cardiovascular center and biomedical discovery research tower all on top of the world’s largest underground emergency hospital.
Rambam is a unique model of coexistence, Jewish and Arab physicians, patients and staff –all work together serving the needs of 2 million citizens, from all strata of Israeli society.
We are growing the organization and looking to hire a leader to undertake responsibility in Southern Florida. The position will be a full time Associate Regional Director will provide dynamic, visionary creative leadership to:
• Establish a highly visible presence for Rambam the community
• Recruit, develop, and inspire lay leaders
• Grow the annual fundraising campaign
The Regional Associate Development Director must possess enthusiasm, drive, and the ability to translate his/her own and others’ passions into effective actions.
1. Oversee fundraising activities, secure major gift funding, foster a culture of development, and identify and raise other revenue streams to support Rambam’s mission.
2. Execute Rambam’s strategic goals and objectives at the local level, together with the regional board of directors and in coordination with the national office.
3. Identify, recruit, develop and inspire lay leadership
4. Serve as a spokesperson and official representative of Rambam to influential stakeholders in the community and public at large.
5. Plan small and large-scale fundraising and awareness events
, home based office to start.
• Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred.
• Minimum of 3 years of relevant experience including experience and or familiarity with Jewish community relations, fundraising, staff and volunteer management.
• Experience with fundraising and a proven track record of securing major gifts.
• Passion for Rambam’s mission.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Established community relationships not required but a plus.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work collaboratively with lay leaders and colleagues.
• High energy and enthusiasm – a self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment.
• Confidence as a public figure within the Jewish and general communities.
• Ability to manage complex initiatives and oversee budgets, planning and financial management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience with social media and communications.
• Experience cultivating donors and securing major gifts.
• Knowledge of Jewish and non-Jewish leadership in the community.
• Ability to work collaboratively as well as to lead boldly when needed.
• Availability for evening meetings and willingness to travel.
• Strong ability to cultivate, develop and maintain relationships with board leadership and external stakeholders.
• Must be self-motivated, independent, and able to multi-task
• Strong community engagement and grass roots organizing skills
How to ApplyPlease apply with cover letter and resume to email@example.com
1684 total views, 1 today