Full-Time Associate Teacher (Judaic/Hebrew Language)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Associate Teacher (Judaic/Hebrew Language)
An Associate Teacher is responsible for daily instruction and student support. Associate Teachers are supported and developed by the Partner(s) and Master Teacher on their team to meet the range and diversity of student learning needs. To qualify as an Associate Teacher, a candidate must demonstrate a track record of successful pedagogical practice in elementary education. Associate Teachers must have several years of teaching experience in an elementary school classroom and demonstrate a commitment to professional and leadership development.
As a Judaic/Hebrew Language instructor, the partner teacher must have a passion for Judaism, coupled with Ahavat Yisrael and an understanding of a diverse population. The candidate must have Hebrew fluency and be Tal Am trained or available for training. The candidate should be prepared to teach Chumash and Yahadut, supervise Tefillah and create a positive ruach in the school, especially around the chagim and Rosh Chodesh.
The Associate Teacher’s responsibilities fall into two categories:
- Embody, support and maintain the schools mission, purpose, and core values.
- Provide a high level of instruction to their students
- Monitor student learning and use data to drive effective instruction.
- Develop and deepen their pedagogical practice. This includes differentiation and enrichment of instruction based on student’s strengths and needs.
- Support the Apprentice teachers on their team.
- Demonstrate effective classroom management.
- Work to deepen their knowledge of curriculum.
- Develop curriculum aligned to CCLS standards.
- Establish and attain long-term and short-term goals that are actionable and improve their teaching practice.
- Demonstrate the ability to effectively utilize a variety of instructional groupings, including whole group, small group and one-on-one instruction to meet the needs of their students
- Demonstrate the ability to provide effective differentiated instruction based on student strength and needs.
- Prepare lesson plans to be vetted during morning meeting that include opportunities for differentiation.
- Participate in the vetting of lessons during morning meetings
- Participate in providing feedback during informal lesson review
- Participate in weekly reflection sessions.
In order for an Associate Teacher to consider for promotion to Partner Teacher, they must demonstrate a high level of pedagogical expertise in elementary/middle school classroom teaching experience and can be considered for Partner Teacher vacancies as they arise
How to ApplyThere are two short essays required to complete your application. Please email email@example.com your cover letter and resume along with the two essay questions below. In the subject line make sure you state "Application for Jewish Academy, First and Last Name".
HOW TO APPLYWe are accepting applications for the 2016-17 school year until May 20th. The initial application has two components: 1) Your cover letter and resume (please keep to a 1-2 page maximum) 2) Two 250 word essays. Times New Roman, 12 point font.
- The first should detail a memorable learning experience with students
- The second should detail a memorable learning experience with colleagues
779 total views, 1 today