Temporary Business Teacher
Job: Business Teacher
Description: Camp Inc., a Jewish overnight summer camp that combines traditional summer camp with a top-notch entrepreneurship program for 6th to 12th graders, located in Steamboat Springs, CO seeks (3) experienced educators to teach an out-of-the-classroom entrepreneurial / business curriculum in an overnight camp setting.
Requirements: – Desire and ability to work with children and young adults in an overnight camp setting.
– Candidates must have a background in experiential education.
– Candidates must have at least 2 years of experience teaching entrepreneurship and business to teens.
– Candidates must have experience at overnight camp.
– Candidates must be able to work part time hours on program design starting May 1st.
– Candidates must be able to live at camp from June 8th to August 14th.
Camp Inc. is a program of the Boulder JCC, and is one of the 4 camps participating in, and funded by, the Foundation for Jewish Camp’s Incubator II. This is a seasonal position for the summer of 2015. Business Specialists work together as a team, under the direction of Camp Director, Josh Pierce.
Business Specialists are an integral part of a small, 25 person team. They facilitate all of the business related programs and experiences, including tours of local companies, and meetings with guest entrepreneurs. Business Specialists are responsible for working together to help refine the existing curriculum, and create traditions and culture within the entrepreneurship specialty. Business Specialists should expect to work hard, and be willing to take on additional responsibilities as they come.
Business Specialists will live with the rest of the camp staff on Camp Inc.’s 70 acre property in Steamboat Springs, CO. Along with salary and up to $300 in travel expenses, all meals and housing are included with the position.
Business specialists do not need to be Jewish, but must be willing to participate in all programming, Jewish related or not.
Business Related Responsibilities:
– Serve as the “SME” (Subject Matter Expert) for everything business related
– Teach a 2.5 week curriculum that involves 6th to 12th grade campers forming their own startup teams, working together to launch a new product or service
and learning about ideation, team formation, research, marketing, branding, financials, selling, presenting, and philanthropy.
– Lead trips to tour local companies and meet with guest entrepreneurs
– Help the camper Startup Teams develop their product or service
– Integrate guest entrepreneurs into the daily programming
– Use and teach Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Photoshop
– Use and teach a variety of technologies such as social media, SaaS website builders, graphic design sites, and more
– Run final pitch day
General Staff Responsibilities:
– Be a positive role model for the entire camp community
– Responsible for the health, safety, and happiness of ALL campers at ALL times
– Attend regular meetings, participate in formulation and implementation of camp policy
– Directly responsible for the cleanliness and care of living space – includes pre and post camp inventory of housing
– Assist in facilitation and execution of all camp programs as determined by the camp administration
– Adhere to goals, mission, and philosophy of Camp Inc.
– Be a self-starter and have the ability to work with minimal amount of supervision
– Motivate, manage, and steer campers and camper teams to successful, educational outcomes
– Give and receive guidance, constructive feedback, and support
– Participate in, and occasionally lead, evening activities
– $6k – 8k for the full summer, dependent on experience and other skill sets
– Up to $300 in travel reimbursement
– Meals and Housing included
How to ApplyFor more information, please go to www.CampInc.com or call 303-500-3020 Send resume and references to Camp Director, Josh Pierce – josh@CampInc.com
2628 total views, 1 today