Full-Time Chief Technology Officer
A leading e-Commerce company, is seeking the right candidate to fill the position of Chief Technology Officer (CTO) who will set the IT strategy based on thorough knowledge of overall organization strategy, as well as a deep understanding of the needs of the organization units.
The right individual will manage the Technology Team and direct all aspects of the organization’s computer, software, software development, network and telecommunications systems in multiple locations. Developing and implementing technology-based solutions based on an annual plan. Hiring, training and directing staff in the proper use of hardware, software and telecommunication equipment.
The ideal candidate must possess thorough knowledge of programming codes and have the ability to direct, manage and oversee Software Programmer Team members in their work.
- Recruit and hire employees.
- Devise and oversee training.
- Assign duties and responsibility, oversee work quality and direct daily acitivty.
- Discipline and terminate employees as necessary.
- Implement policies and procedures.
- Direct and manage and Team activity, identify operational deficiencies and implement corrective measures.
- Oversee the day-to-day operation of computer networks including hardware/software support, training and special projects.
- Maintain network performance by conducting network monitoring and analysis, performance tuning, troubleshooting network problems and escalating problems to contracted external IT support.
- Secure network by developing network access, monitoring, control and evaluation policies/procedures and maintaining documentation.
- Manage complex projects, such as office moves, effectively and cross-functionally. Prepare users by designing and conducting training initiatives and writing and distributing user guides and providing ongoing support.
- Organize the planning, designing, installation and implementation of various ecommerce software systems.
- Direct the planning, purchase, installation and implementation of various systems, including desktop PC’s, servers, network equipment.
- Make recommendations for new equipment and services to purchase and work with various vendors for procurement.
- Assist in the organization and inventory of all hardware and software resources.
- Provide network desktop, peripheral and software support as needed for company staff.
- Develop, maintain and update the agency’s Information System Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Develop and implement a standardized program of system backup and archival procedures as part of the Agency-wide Information System Disaster Recovery Plan.
- Develop, implement, monitor and maintain a comprehensive, agency-wide information system security plan addressing issues including but not limited to:
- Network security
- Password creation and maintenance
- User rights and privileges
- Remote/dial-in access
- In consultation with agency staff, develop and propose the Information Technology component of the agency’s annual Capital Budget.
- Oversee and coordinate the agency-wide use of telecommunications equipment including, but not limited to mobile phones, handheld devices, telephones and fax machines.
- 3+ years of experience in IT, with management responsibility as a prior CTO.
- Management and supervisory aptitude.
- Ability to promote Team cohesiveness and functionality.
- Ability to devise and implement effective operational procedures and practices.
- Must have significant knowledge of information technologies for IT Infrastructure.
- Strong listening and communication skills (verbal & written).
- Experience in a larger environment supporting several people across multiple departments.
- Must have proven track record in developing detailed resource and project plans, managing budgets, problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Experience managing a team of Analysts and Helpdesk employees in a team-oriented, collaborative environment across multiple offices.
- Computer Skills: Required skills include working knowledge of Windows Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, Exchange and Outlook, Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, etc.) Anti-Virus software, Backup software.
– See more at: http://www.poelgroup.com/listing/1167_5/chief_technology_officer_cto#sthash.qhLcTXs1.dpuf
How to ApplyApply online http://www.poelgroup.com/listing/1167_5/chief_technology_officer_cto
2516 total views, 4 today