Full-Time Communications and Operations Assistant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Position: Communications and Operations Assistant
Supervisor: Communications Manager
Congregation Rodeph Sholom, a large dynamic Reform synagogue on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, seeks a candidate with 1-3 years of experience to handle a diverse range of responsibilities to support the communications and operations functions of the Synagogue. The ideal candidate is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and is able to handle multiple priorities. The candidate will interact with all departments of the synagogue, providing a unique opportunity to learn how a large synagogue operates, while becoming a valuable part of the congregational community. It also offers the potential to train and develop critical skills for a career as a communications professional. This position does not require sophisticated graphic design skills, but does require basic competency with Adobe InDesign, Publisher, and Photoshop.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assist Communications Manager in creating weekly and monthly newsletters
- Assist in developing and maintaining website
- Utilizing synagogue database, manage multiple congregant email lists to help promote synagogue programming to diverse constituencies. This includes creating and gaining departmental approvals for congregation-wide and targeted emails
- Oversee ticketing website and track RSVPs for events
- Manage the website calendar and ensure all postings are accurate and match the temple calendar
- Create short blogs/news recaps and post to synagogue website
- Create social media postings, including Facebook and Instagram
- Manage digital photography and video files, and coordinate their use in marketing and communications
- Manage temple lobby display with daily schedule and curate rotating images
- As appropriate, create promotional materials and flyers
- Work with Program Director and Operations Director on room set-ups for events, ordering food
- Support Communications Manager and Operations Director with invoices, coding, budget tracking, and expense reports
- Responsible for Office Manager duties when he/she is out of the office, including phone coverage and mail processing
- Perform other related duties as assigned or required; duties and responsibilities may be added or changed as necessary
- Comfort and natural ease in a customer service role, both on the phone and in person.
- Excellent written communication skills. Candidates will be asked to submit two specific writing samples before interview
- Ability to change course quickly depending on the needs and priorities of the day.
- Team player: openness to helping all departments with any administrative job duties as needed.
- Ability to work occasional hours outside of regular business hours, including participation in activities that occur on Shabbat
- BA/BS Degree
- 1-3 years of related office experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, Outlook; Basic familiarity with Adobe design suite
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Congregation Rodeph Sholom does not unlawfully discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of one’s actual or perceived race; color; religion; sex/gender (including gender identity); creed; sexual orientation; marital status; pregnancy; ethnicity; national origin; ancestry; age; disability; alienage/citizenship status; arrest or conviction record (consistent with the provisions of New York State’s Corrections Law); partnership status; familial status; military service; status as a victim of domestic violence, stalking or sex offenses; veteran status; genetic pre-disposition or carrier status; or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Employment decisions at CRS are made in a non-discriminatory manner and are based on qualifications, abilities, and merit. As may be permitted by law, certain Rodeph Sholom positions will be filled by persons of the Jewish faith as a bona fide occupational qualification. CRS also prohibits, and will not tolerate, any form of retaliation or reprisal against any employee who reasonably and in good faith complains of discrimination or harassment or provides information in connection with any such complaint.
How to Applyjobsearch@crsnyc.org
400 total views, 1 today