Full-Time Communications Assistant to a Family Foundation
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Communications Assistant to a Family Foundation
The Adam and Gila Milstein Family Foundation, a leader in the Israeli-American Community, is looking for a Communications Assistant with superior writing skills to handle a high volume of emails for a fast paced, well-known pro-Israel philanthropist and businessman.
This is an excellent opportunity to be part of a high functioning team while gaining a comprehensive understanding of the Jewish and pro-Israel nonprofit sector. The ideal candidate will have working knowledge and interest in the latest current events pertaining to Israel, the Middle East and the US-Israel alliance.
- Responsible for reviewing 100-200 emails per day and responding as needed.
- Continue ongoing communication with individuals, organizations, philanthropists and others.
- Manage and create daily content for Twitter and Facebook accounts and websites.
- Execute digital e-blasts, campaigns, and internal/external announcements.
- Track and measure the level of engagement within the network over time.
We are seeking a talented individual with exceptional writing capabilities who has at least 5 years of communications experience, ideally in the pro-Israel nonprofit arena and in areas such as donor relations, website management, and email database management.
Must have the ability to transform verbal communication into useful, coherent written messages.
- Excellent writing/editing and verbal communication skills, exceptional spelling, grammar, punctuation, proofreading, editing, writing and communication skills (verbal and written), and awareness of standard document formats.
- A strong track record of multi-tasking in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Highly collaborative style: sincere commitment to work collaboratively with staff, organizations, and anyone who is involved in our work.
- High energy, maturity, and a strong work ethic are essential to being successful in the role.
- First-rate interpersonal skills with the ability to connect well with diverse personalities.
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and with entrepreneurial types.
- Excellent organizational skills with a keen attention to detail.
- Familiarity with organizations and high ranking individuals within the Israeli and Jewish communities.
- Strong working knowledge of the Microsoft Suite of applications is required.
- Must be able to perform general clerical duties as assigned.
- Must be able to learn and retain all pertinent information.
- Must have experience with social media applications.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree (at a minimum) in English, Technical Writing, Journalism, Communication (or the equivalent)
- Experience: 5 years of professional experience in effective e-mail communications, public relations, journalism, government, international relations, political campaigns or other related field.
How to ApplyThis is a full-time position in Encino, CA. Compensation is commensurate with experience. Interested candidates should send a short email introduction outlining their interest and qualifications, and a resume to Hadas Sella at firstname.lastname@example.org.
480 total views, 1 today