NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Controller is responsible for directing the organization’s financial planning, purchasing, revenue cycle, banking, and accounting practices as well as its relationship with lending institutions, pay sources, managing a staff of 7, facilitating daily transaction processing (billing, A/P, P/R, general accounting), preparing monthly and annual financial reports, monitoring cash flow, coordinating audits and tax returns preparation, identifying and implementing process improvements and coordinating budgeting & forecasting. Evaluates the organization’s financial position and issues periodic reports on the organization’s financial stability, liquidity, and growth as compared to financial goals. Controller is expected to maintain professional development through seminars and workshops and to keep abreast of the latest industry trends. Prepares a month-end narrative to support the financial statements for the Executive Director, including variance analyses of actual vs. budgeted performance. Contributes to the development of a long-range strategic and capital plan.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL CASH MANAGEMENT DAY TO DAY OPERATIONS
- Includes deposits, disbursements and bi-weekly payroll
- FINANCIAL REPORTING
- Review all journal entries for general ledger
- Run monthly trial balances and produce monthly profit & loss statements with comparisons and explanations for variances
- Prepare all books of original entry, schedules, accruals and reports for annual audit
- Communicate with software companies regarding both Accounts Receivable and Accounting programs
- Evaluate budgeted vs. actual performance with department directors
- RESPONSIBLE FOR OVERSEEING COLLECTIONS PROCESS
- OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Executive Director
- Work directly with independent auditors for annual audit review
- Supervises an accounting department staff of 7
- Supervises the Payroll/Human Resources department
- Prepare financial reports for the bi-monthly executive board meetings
- Answer any questions regarding finance at the board meetings
- Meet with the audit committee to go over the draft of the Audited Financial Reports
- Communicate with banks regarding all banking-related issues
How to ApplyEmail cover letter and resume with the subject ‘CONTROLLER’ to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
939 total views, 1 today