Full-Time Coordinator for Jewish Cultural School Network
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Workmen’s Circle is a secular Jewish non-profit organization that has been at the center of Jewish culture and progressive social action for more than a century. We seed and support communities across the nation that celebrate the diversity of Jewish life and work to build a shenere un besere velt far ale – a more beautiful and better world for all. Through education and language programs, advocacy and activism, festivals, holidays and more, we create rich opportunities to connect to our Jewish heritage.
Our Jewish cultural complementary schools are dynamic, informal learning programs that are rooted in Jewish culture and creativity, joy in Judaism, and social justice activism. Schools are led by dedicated teachers and generally meet after school and/or on weekends. We are actively establishing new schools and programs, and are creating relationships with like-minded organizations that will emerge as long-term affiliates or short-term project-based partners.
The School Network Coordinator will be a creative, experienced education professional who will manage this group of individual programs and assist the Director in creating a true network of schools, affiliates, and partners. S/he will coordinate efforts on the ground across the network and be the schools’ first point of contact for questions, curriculum, materials, and whatever administrative needs arise. Also, s/he will work closely with the community organizer as new schools come on line.
- Generating regular opportunities for dialogue throughout the school network to deepen members’ connections and expand information exchange
- Facilitating school leaders’ use of technology for school-wide communication and online training
- Presenting data-based feedback to education coordinators/directors and support schools in implementing relevant findings
- Planning and executing the Annual Leaders Gathering for education coordinators/directors and lay leaders
- Building capacity and providing relevant assistance to education coordinators/ directors
- Transmitting/translating national programs to local network schools
- Helping school and program leaders plant new programs on the ground
- Managing school grants, as needed
- Observing classes at network schools and training school teachers
- Helping teachers adapt and implement curricula
- Working with school and program coordinators/directors to improve classroom and extracurricular learning
- Providing resources to network school teachers
- Troubleshooting curriculum and extracurricular activities in network schools
- Helping network schools build capacity for their teen social justice programs
- Serving as a “hotline” for the education network members
- Must be able to work Sundays during the school year; local and distance travel required
- Attendance at specific Workmen’s Circle programmatic, fundraising, and/or social justice events required
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in the Jewish education field; MA in Jewish education preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with capacity- and network-building in education settings
- Fluent with multiple technologies for learning and communication purposes
- Experience training/coaching school teachers and coordinators
- Ability to step in and lead ongoing projects and initiatives
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well independently and in teams
- Commitment to the organization’s mission and vision
Our collegial environment emphasizes collaboration, mission-focused work, and strong results. Our offices are bright, large, and a happy place to be with friendly and supportive colleagues, and more cake than we should be eating.
We offer a superior benefits package, generous holiday schedule, and a dog-friendly environment. Salary is commensurate with experience and in keeping with the not-for-profit sector.
How to ApplyPlease send a cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to HR@circle.org. The subject line must read School Network Coordinator. Submissions without all of these requests will not be considered. Thank you for your interest.
1533 total views, 1 today