Full-Time Development Manager
Libenu Foundation Development Manager
Libenu Foundation is the premier organization providing the gold standard of inclusive residential services, vocational training, day programming, social and recreational activities, and respite services for Jewish adults and children with disabilities in Metropolitan Chicago. Libenu, from the Hebrew word meaning “Our Hearts” reflects a heartfelt commitment to enabling people with disabilities to live their best lives, with dignity and respect, as fully included members of the Jewish community.
The Libenu Foundation Development Manager’s (DM) job is to create, coordinate, enhance, and expand the organization’s development program:
- Create: The development manager is the visionary creative force who is responsible for fashioning a comprehensive annual campaign plan and plays a key role in developing the plan to solicit major gifts for the capital campaign.
- Coordinate: The development manager must implement and coordinate these plans, matching individuals (lay and professional) with fundraising activities that engage their interests and skills.
- Enhance: The development manager should seek to improve current fundraising efforts.
- Expand: The development manager should expand fundraising efforts so that Libenu isn’t simply doing the same things better, but finding additional ways to fundraise.
Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Development Manager is directly responsible for an annual fundraising goal of $750,000 through a variety of campaigns and activities, including individual giving, special events, and special programs. The DM is charged with maintaining and enhancing current donor relationships as well as expanding Libenu’s base of support in the community. Libenu has also embarked on a capital campaign of approximately $600,000. The DM is part of a team of lay and professional leadership developing plans to solicit major gifts toward this effort.
The Development Manager will serve as a key member of Libenu’s executive staff, providing oversight for the organization’s overall development goals. Responsibilities include:
- Assisting in preparing the annual budget, design and implementation of a development plan to meet fundraising goals, including the development of fund raising and event calendars and action plans
- Identifying, cultivating and soliciting major gifts and endowments, including the Women’s Home Capital Campaign
- Overseeing of fund raising and PR events, including the annual Share the Dream Gala
- Working with board members, parents and community members to solicit gifts
- Developing and implementing direct mail solicitation letters and PR materials
- Identifying, implementing and overseeing database/CRM system and establishing best practices to ensure data base and mailing lists are properly maintained and up to date
- Grant identification and grant-writing
- Monitoring and evaluating results of all fundraising activities
Qualified individuals will:
- Possess 3-5 years of professional development experience.
- Have a demonstrated track record of fundraising with documented results in successful major donor acquisition and cultivation, annual funds and capital campaigns.
- Be passionate about our mission, enjoy working in a fast paced, growing and successful entrepreneurial organization where innovation and creative thinking is applauded and rewarded.
- Have/develop broad and deep relationships with key decision makers in the Jewish community, the greater Chicagoland philanthropic community, and foundations.
- Be familiar with Jewish practices and traditions and be comfortable and respectful in a wide range of Jewish environments.
- Be a detail-oriented self-starter and natural “people-person”.
- Experience with CRM software is a plus.
How to ApplySend resume and cover letter to: Dr. Shana Erenberg, Executive Director at Shana@libenufoundation.org Please no phone inquiries.
3044 total views, 3 today