Part-Time Director of Annual Giving
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Position: Director of Annual Giving
Organization: The Vilna Shul, Boston’s Center for Jewish Culture, Inc.
Location: Boston, MA
We are Boston’s Jewish Cultural Center, serving as the leading urban community resource for nourishing Jewish life. The Vilna Shul’s mission is to preserve the history of past generations, create meaningful connections to the present, and to explore pathways toward a vibrant Jewish future. This is done through educational programs, community partnerships, exhibitions, and the celebration of holiday and life-cycle events.
The Vilna’s strategic plan is to restore the historic building as the center of Jewish cultural and spiritual life in downtown Boston. Through building restoration and active leadership, the Vilna will become a place in which a community can develop and engage in activities that are essential for the continuity and growth of urban Jewish life in Boston. As Boston Jewish epicenter, the Vilna will respond to the evolving needs of the community as well as be welcoming to everyone and respectful of the diversity of traditions.
As the Vilna continues to grow and focus its resources, it is seeking a talented and results-oriented Director of Annual Giving to support its work across all issue areas. Reporting to the Executive Director, Director of Annual Giving will research, recommend, implement, and manage development and fundraising initiatives. This is an excellent opportunity for a skilled and analytical individual to support a growing organization and to increase its financial resources and future impact. Full or part-time opportunity negotiable.
- Staff the Development Committee (5 meetings per year).
- Work together with Development Committee to develop an annual fundraising strategic plan.
- Manage annual appeal activities (including membership and year end campaigns), fundraising events, and cultivation activities including the annual gala and special events.
- Update and maintain donor databases and prepare reports.
- Develop opportunities for foundation/corporate funding sponsorships.
- Implement a donor recognition policy for major gifts and a system for tracking named items and plaques.
- Manage a system to prepare, send, and track donation acknowledgements.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director in the development and review of strategic fundraising initiatives and collateral materials including organizational case statement, fundraising brochures, pledge cards, and annual report with donor listings.
- Manage relationships with prospective donors and identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward these prospects collaboratively with the Board of Directors and Executive Director.
- Positively contribute to the teamwork, learning, and collaborative spirit of a small office.
- Significant professional experience in development and fundraising. Three or more years preferred.
- Familiarity with fundraising software products.
- Highly developed project management skills, including a proven ability to manage time, handle pressure, and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to develop relationships with donors and philanthropic leaders. Utilize sound professional judgment and discretion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including attention to detail and accuracy.
- Flexibility, sense of humor, and the ability to adapt to shifting priorities in a changing landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required. Master’s degree preferred.
- Knowledge of the Boston Jewish community preferable.
How to ApplyPlease email a resume and cover letter to Barnet Kessel at Barnet@VilnaShul.org. The Vilna Shul, Boston’s Center for Jewish Culture offers a competitive salary and benefits, commensurate with experience and skills. It is an equal opportunity employer.
536 total views, 1 today