Full-Time Director of Community Events & Programs
About the Israeli-American Council:
The mission of the IAC is to build an engaged and united Israeli-American community strengthens our next generations, the American Jewish community and the State of Israel. The Community Events Program creates year round events relating to Israeli and Jewish culture, history, holidays and values.
The Director of Community Events & Programs is responsible for managing the IAC’s calendar of community events and volunteer projects, including the strategic planning and implementation of some of the flagship programs of the organization. The Director will take the lead in initiating new events, taking established events to new heights, and working closely with the community and local organizations to build constructive partnerships. The Director of Community Events & Programs reports directly to the IAC Las Vegas Regional Director.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Leadership – As part of the lead executive team in Las Vegas, participate in overall organizational development and creation of new events and programs. Represent the IAC in various forums.
- Programmatic Strategy & Development – Oversee and lead content development, marketing, promotion, delivery, implementation and quality of IAC community programs, events and volunteer projects and engagement. Create and implement the Community Programs, Engagement and Events annual strategy.
- Event Management – Professionally plan, coordinate and manage a variety of events that will accomplish the goals of the organization. Events include large scale festivals, lectures, networking mixers, ceremonies, concerts and more. Ability to manage and implement many events at once.
- Budget Management – Creating, overseeing and implementing the annual budget. Monitoring adherence to set budgets.
- Team Management – Oversee a support team including, staff, temporary employees and volunteers. Manage relationships with other organizations in the community, outside vendors, and steering committees for various programs.
- Brand management – Assures that all IAC events and programs are appropriately branded within the content and design of the event.
- Marketing – Creating, in collaboration with the IAC Marketing and Communications Officer, a marketing plan for each event and overseeing its implementation, including online content, social media and promotion through local organizations.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant job experience, nonprofit management a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Speaks, reads and writes in English and Hebrew.
- Experience in managing and leading a team of employees. Capabilities and ability to lead processes.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office suite products, particularly Excel and Outlook.
- Highly efficient, organized and detail oriented.
- Flexible schedule that allows for frequent work during evenings and weekends, and demands someone who can work efficiently, accurately, and with optimal energy.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Effective analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Good operational and administrative management capabilities.
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Event management experience a plus; marketing/public relations experience a plus.
- Experience with non-formal child/teen education is a plus.
- Experience as a community lay leader is a plus.
- Strategic thinker, creative vision and out of the box thinking.
- Ability to develop Community Relations.
- Ability to travel 2-3 times a year
How to Applyhttp://careers.israeliamerican.org/x/detail/a2eok9r998r3/aaaq
618 total views, 1 today