Full-Time Director of Early Childhood Programming and Young Family Outreach
Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Director of Early Childhood Programming and Young Family Outreach is responsible for providing high quality early childhood programming and curriculum of the Family Enrichment Center (FEC). The Director provides direction, support and supervision of classroom teachers to ensure a quality curriculum and learning are provided in a healthy, safe and nurturing environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Develops and implements a vision for excellence in early childhood education with curriculum and environment rooted in Jewish culture and values.
• Ensures compliances with all record-keeping and applicable health and safety licensing regulations and inspections.
• Ensures compliance with JCC policies, procedures, employment law and productivity standards.
• Maintains expertise in childhood education, staying abreast of current literature, vest practices and developments in the field.
• Cultivates a team of “best in class” educators who are passionate and committed to the FEC by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
• Leads team by communicating job expectations, developing professional growth opportunities, coaching, counseling on challenges and sharing accomplishments with peers.
• Maintains high level of staff engagement and empowerment focused on solutions-based problem solving in an open forum.
• Conducts classroom observations to support teacher evaluations, assess any special needs children and follow-up accordingly.
• Develops a long-term strategy to expand enrollments, revenue and programming.
• Coordinates special events, parent/teacher conferences, and parent workshops.
• Fosters exceptional relationships with community resources through community outreach and collaboration.
• Continually reaches out to other Jewish community and synagogues to partner with and recruit for enrollments.
• Develops and maintains annual budget.
• Develops positive rapport and open communications with families, teachers, licensing authorities and the community.
• Leads the FEC to achieve the highest rankings in state and national accreditations.
• Recruits and meets with prospective parents to provide information, answer questions and encourage participation in the FEC.
• Presents reports and updates to the Executive Director, JCC Board of Trustees and FEC Committee.
Required Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s Degree in child development or early childhood education for closely related field from an accredited college or university.
• 5+ years prior experience working in a preschool classroom.
• 2+ years senior management experience in early childhood education programs.
• Maintain appropriate state licenses.
• Obtain and maintain First-aid and CPR certifications.
• Satisfy all CYFD background screening requirements including fingerprinting.
• Demonstrated leadership skills.
• Basic level of computer skills (Microsoft Office, Word, PowerPoint, email).
• Outstanding customer service skills, communication skill, organizational skills, and the ability to multi-task.
• Must have the ability to meet all the regulations and requirements of both the State of NM and the Aim High Star Standards.
• Knowledge of and commitment to implementing the mission of the JCC and Jewish Culture and Values.
• Master’s Degree in child development or early childhood education with an emphasis on preschool through six years old from an accredited college or university.
• Experience with budget and financial accountability with revenue generation.
How to ApplyPlease do not call. Email resume and cover letters to email@example.com. Thank you.
322 total views, 3 today