Full-Time Director of Major Gifts and Development Campaigns
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
About American Jewish World Service
American Jewish World Service (AJWS) is the leading Jewish organization working to promote human rights and end poverty in the developing world. With an annual operating budget of more than $60 million, AJWS advances the health and rights of women, girls and LGBT people; promotes civil and political rights; defends access to food, land and livelihoods; and aids communities in the aftermath of disasters. We pursue lasting change by supporting grassroots and global human rights organizations in Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean and by mobilizing our community in the U.S. to advocate for global justice. Working together, we strive to build a more just and equitable world.
Reporting to the Vice President for Development, the Director of Major Gifts and Development Campaigns is responsible for overseeing New York-based development activities for AJWS and helping to raise approximately $20 million annually. S/he will be responsible for:
- Planning, overseeing, and executing an enhanced major gifts program at AJWS, stewarding a pipeline of individual donors at the $10,000 level and higher.
- Supervising a four-person major gifts team as well as a four-person team in development operations.
- Launching a reserve/endowment campaign and planned giving program.
- Supporting the Vice President for Development and representing AJWS for internal and external audiences.
- Serving as part of the Development Division’s senior leadership team.
- Manage a portfolio of high-level donors and prospects;
- Successfully identify prospects, funding opportunities, and donor engagement strategies that will help achieve annual and longer-term development goals;
- Implement a reserve/endowment fund campaign and planned giving program;
- Oversee AJWS’s fundraising-related information management system;
- Supervise AJWS’s direct-mail campaign;
- Analyze fundraising results against projections and ensure timely and accurate reporting to internal and external constituencies;
- Lead, train, and support a team of Development Officers by:
- Developing clear short-term and long-range goals;
- Providing guidance on strategy, events, and solicitations;
- Providing timely performance feedback;
- Organizing regular staff meetings to communicate key information and coordinate work; and
- Providing an empowering and positive work environment.
- Speak and write articulately about American Jewish World Service, its mission, policies, culture, values, history, key stakeholders, programs, and finances; and
- Stay abreast of philanthropic, economic, social, and community trends related to American Jewish World Service;
- Establish trust, maintain strong relationships, and develop partnerships with all
- Minimum of 15 years of successful major gifts experience or related experience within complex and dynamic mission-driven non-profit organizations;
- Minimum of 10 years of management experience;
- Bachelor’s degree is required; advanced degree and record of continuing professional development preferred;
- Demonstration of sophisticated, collaborative, and strategic approach to major gift fundraising and experience with face-to-face major gift solicitations;
- Demonstrated achievement identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding high-net-worth individuals;
- Experience with planned giving and fundraising campaigns;
- Understanding of fundraising for international causes;
- Proven ability to conceptualize and describe funding needs in a way that is compelling;
- Experience working effectively and respectfully with members of the senior leadership team, including the President as well as board members and other high-level volunteers; and
- Passion for and commitment to AJWS’s mission and values.
How to ApplyHow to apply For immediate consideration, apply here: Apply AJWS is an equal opportunity employer and provides competitive salaries and benefits. Applications submitted without a resume and personalized cover letter will not be considered. We thank you for your interest in career opportunities with AJWS. Due to high volume, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
3583 total views, 3 today