Full-Time Director of Philanthropy
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Reporting to and in partnership with the Executive Director, the Director of Philanthropy will spearhead development and fundraising efforts as NECHAMA continues to grow and evolve.
The Director of Philanthropy is responsible for solicitation of major donors (in conjunction with the Executive Director, and NECHAMA Fundraising Committee), and for developing and meeting goals and objectives for short- and long-range fundraising programs including major gifts, individual donations, and grants.
A new position in the organization, the Director of Philanthropy will have the opportunity to build the development and fundraising function and strategy.
- Assist with the development and execution of NECHAMA’s annual fundraising plan
- Secure financial support from individuals, foundations, and corporations
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Enhance and execute NECHAMA’s strategy for a large sustained base of annual gifts and grants
- Develop and track proposals and reports for all foundation and corporate fundraising
- Oversee and execute both capital campaigns and ongoing philanthropic efforts
Work with the Executive Director to identify funds needed, funding targets, and approaches as part of the annual fundraising plan execution.
Work with the Executive Director to identify funding needs, targets, and approaches as part of specific fundraising following disaster events.
Conduct research, prospecting, and application to philanthropic sources.
Further develop the NECHAMA Fundraising Committee including training, setting expectations, and facilitating the activities of the Committee. (Note: The NECHAMA Fundraising Committee is currently comprised of the Executive Director and several volunteers including Board Members, past and present.)
Follow up on prospects generated by the Executive Direct and or the NECHAMA Fundraising Committee.
Stewardship and Development
Provide required and or regular, relevant updates about NECHAMA’s work to our current grant makers and prospects. Work with the Executive Director to craft relevant messaging and materials as needed.
Communicate with and cultivate previous individual and institutional donors in an effort to reengage them.
Work independently and at times in conjunction with the NECHAMA Fundraising Committee to steward major donors and further develop our major gifts strategy.
Maintain the organization’s CRM records related to donors and prospects including meeting notes, contact history, pledges and gift(s) data.
Manage staff or volunteers responsible for donor data entry and gift processing.
Maintain oversight of donor intent to ensure the use of funds is consistent with any applicable gift or grant guidelines.
Represent NECHAMA at both Jewish and other community events and speaking engagements. Actively research and generate external opportunities for increased awareness and donor engagement.
Collaborative Communications Support
Assist with the creation of external communication plans and content including the annual appeal, donor acknowledgement, website posts, mass emails, and other digital, printed, and promotional materials.
Support the Executive Director’s or Fundraising Committee activities by sending follow up materials, pledge follow-ups, convening meetings, etc.
- Collaboration: Highly effective at working with others to reach common goals and objectives, including with remote teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years professional development experience with proven ability to directly secure donations.
- Experience cultivating relationships with major donors and demonstrated success in securing gifts in the $5,000-$100,000 range.
- Knowledge of the philanthropic community, with preference for those with experience in US disaster philanthropy.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Takes initiative and actively seeks to deepen current donor relationships and to forge new ones.
- Communications: Skilled in creating powerful, compelling written and oral communications for fundraising. Ability to convey complex ideas through brief, simple materials. Experience and credibility when presenting materials to external audiences.
- Experience with Jewish Communal Organizations a plus.
- The Director of Philanthropy is expected to raise a minimum of $300,000/year.
- We are not open to any arrangements regarding earnings based on percentage of funds raised
- The Director Of Philanthropy can expect to travel within the USA up to 30 percent of their time.
- We are seeking a full-time employee that is able to work from our Minneapolis area office or via a remote work arrangement in one of these target locations: Twin Cities, MN; New York City; New Jersey; Florida; Los Angeles
- Salary Range $30,000 to $40,000/year commensurate with experience
- Benefits package currently worth approximately $18,000 including:
o Health insurance premium reimbursement package
o Use of staff lodging in the Minneapolis, MN area
o Use of organizational cell phone
o Job related educational trainings, classes, and/or conference attendance
- Flexible vacation schedule
How to ApplyInterested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to info@NECHAMA.org by October 24th. Applications will be reviewed and potential candidates will be contacted by October 28th for interviews.
729 total views, 1 today