Full-Time Early Childhood Center Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Congregation Beth El’s Early Childhood Center is looking for a dynamic, passionate, motivated, assertive and creative leader to be our Early Childhood Center Director. Our Center combines the best elements of early childhood education with enriching experiences in Jewish learning that lead to the formation of a positive self-image and Jewish identity. Our Early Childhood Center is an integral part of our vibrant conservative synagogue with over 800 families located in Voorhees, New Jersey. We offer full day and flexible programs from 6 weeks old through Kindergarten.
The successful candidate will bring great energy and creativity to the position and will work with clergy, staff, teachers, children and parents to continuously improve, enhance and grow the program. The ideal candidate must have a strong Judaic background and proven successful experience as a Jewish educator. They also need to possess vision, energy, strong administrative skills and supervisory experience, as well as academic curriculum and instructional strategies for early education. The candidate must have exceptional communication and organizational skills to work with children, parents, colleagues and staff to ensure the smooth functioning of daily operations of the school and fully engage the members of the school community.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Strategic planning for curriculum development and increasing student enrollment.
• Working with Early Childhood Center Board on enhancing programming and creating short and long term goals for the ECC.
• Creating ongoing educational opportunities for teachers and maintaining/improving employee satisfaction.
• Budget planning, implementation and quarterly reporting to Congregational Board of Trustees.
• Supervising, hiring and evaluating staff. Taking appropriate disciplinary action as needed with staff.
• Office management including assurance of tuition payments, vendor payments and ordering of school supplies.
• Implementing and further developing a curriculum that integrates Jewish holidays, celebrations and culture.
• Collaborating with local synagogue and JCC directors to plan fee structures that are consistent with the local market.
• Masters degree in Education, Early Childhood Education, Child Development or related field.
• Three to five years of teaching and/or supervisory experience in a similar position.
• Must have knowledge of and abide by all New Jersey standards for licensed child care center.
• Knowledge of NAEYC standards and accreditation process preferred.
• Previous budget planning and execution experience.
• Judaic background or strong knowledge of Jewish life and culture.
• Ability to effectively communicate with parents, children, staff, clergy and congregational board, both verbally and in writing.
• Excellent computer literacy and ability to use Word, Excel and Publisher.
• Strong interpersonal skills, ability to collaborate and first rate organization and time management capability.
Salary is commensurate with experience. We offer a generous medical and benefits package.
How to ApplyQualified candidates may email a cover letter and resume to: Hanina Ruttenberg, Executive Director Congregation Beth El, 8000 Main Street, Voorhees, NJ 08043 at email@example.com.
1466 total views, 1 today