Full-Time Education Office Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Religious School at Adas Israel Congregation, the largest Conservative synagogue in Washington, DC, seeks a highly organized, diligent, and professional administrator to join our Education team at Adas Israel. This is a full-time position and will report directly to the Director of Education. It involves the coordination and execution of managerial/administrative work related to the roughly 300-student religious school, the synagogue’s Shabbat & Holiday youth services, and the general needs of the Education office. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic, highly organized, and possess strong communication and computer skills (Including Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and E-Newsletter software). Candidates should also enjoy working with children. Hebrew knowledge a plus.
• Be a strong professional and relational presence at all times when school is running.
• Support the Director of Education on the development and execution of school registration and administration, managing class lists and schedules, maintaining synagogue software, coordinating holiday and special programming, and preparing education materials.
• Liaise between parent volunteers and school, and coordinate and help execute school-wide programs as directed by the Director of Education.
• Support of teachers with class lists and classroom preparation
• Work collaboratively with Director of Education on day-to-day school management including logistics , supervision of students, and other areas.
• Occasional chaperone/staff duties for school and youth events at the request of the Director of Education.
• Work in the summer with the school staff and the Director of Education as needed.
• Work with synagogue staff to make sure that all food, supplies, and other materials are ordered for all programming, and all receipts are managed and tracked.
• Maintain a current substitute list and work with teachers, as needed, to ensure proper coverage when they will be absent. Included in this responsibility is making sure that there are lesson plans available for the substitute.
• Schedule and Coordinate Chagim (holidays) in communication with Director of Education.
• Maintain email lists and develop e-newsletters for the purpose of communicating about upcoming events, school schedules, family programs, etc.
• Maintain correct information in the Chaverware database for school-related items.
• Answer the Education office phone, and be warm, welcoming, helpful voice for parents and guests with questions.
• Perform other responsibilities as assigned by Director of Education.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR THIS POSITION WILL HAVE:
• An understanding of synagogue systems and Jewish life, as expressed through the Conservative movement.
• Understanding of Education Administration (within a congregational setting a plus)
• Experience working with youth in formal and/or informal settings.
• A warm personality, positive attitude, flexibility, and ability to be a team player.
• The ability to multi-task, problem-solve, and participate in designing systems.
• The ability to communicate effectively in writing and in person.
• Excellent computer skills using MS Office, including Word, Excel, Power Point and current social media tools.
• The ability to maintain budgets, track spending and keep accurate financial reports.
How to Apply
E-mail Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No Phone Calls Please.
1243 total views, 1 today