Full-Time Executive Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Executive Director – Synagogue
Congregation Shirat Hayam of the North Shore, Swampscott, MA
Congregation Shirat Hayam has a ten year history of delivering a reinvigorated and authentic Judaism to its 500+ families. The revival of spirit and community has attracted national attention, with its unique programming and engaged membership
CSH is seeking a proven executive who will work closely with our clergy, professional staff and lay leadership to build, oversee and manage all aspects of the operation.
Financial Manager— Be fully involved in all aspects of the congregation’s finances including active management of the budget and cash flows; management of staff and vendors to ensure delivery of quality services and efficient operation of the physical plant.
Development—Be responsible for establishing fiscal and volunteer development policies with the goal of attaining the near and long term operational health of the congregation.
Staff Management—Hire, supervise, document and evaluate performance of the office and professional staff to insure the successful execution of their responsibilities and duties. Develop and maintain an efficient, professional and collegial organizational environment among congregational clergy, professional staff, volunteers and vendors.
Operations Management—Develop, manage and oversee policies and procedures that relate to the day to day operation of the congregation including setting of the calendar, maintaining the property, keeping up to date insurance policies, monitoring expenditures.
Governance Leadership—Work closely with the lay leadership to develop and maintain a sustainable governance structure to allow for both short term and long term strategic planning.
The Ideal Candidate
- Five or more years as an Executive Director for a synagogue or equivalent experience
- Financially sophisticated, conversant with financial statements and managing budgets.
- Proven track record of establishing and meeting fundraising, development and financial goals
- Strategically oriented with the ability to work equally well at the detail and big picture level in implementing and managing Shirat Hayam’s organizational goals and objectives
- Technologically savvy with the ability to drive cutting-edge website, blog, social networking and webcasting
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred.
- Familiar and comfortable with Jewish customs and life-cycle events.
Other Job Information
- Compensation and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience
How to ApplyTo apply, email your resume to: Howard Abrams, Search Committee Chair, at EDsearch@shirathayam.org or by regular mail to: Congregation Shirat Hayam of the North Shore Executive Director Search Committee c/o Howard Abrams 55 Atlantic Ave Swampscott, MA 01907 Please No Telephone Calls
1046 total views, 1 today