Full-Time Executive Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Kane Street Synagogue
Executive Director Job Description
Kane Street Synagogue, brownstone Brooklyn’s historic and trend-setting Conservative Synagogue, is accepting applications for the position of Executive Director. The position is an opportunity to play a key role in a flourishing religious, educational and cultural institution. Reporting to the Congregation President, the Executive Director is the manager of its office and facilities and coordinator of its religious, educational and cultural programs.
1) Coordination of religious services, educational programs, fund-raising activities and all other events;
2) Management of
a) Plant and facilities;
b) Financial operations;
c) Clerical, record-keeping and data management functions;
d) Communications (mail, email, web);
3) Support of Rabbi and professional staff, officers and trustees, volunteers and members;
4) Supervision of clerical and facilities staff.
The successful candidate will meet the following criteria:
1. Bachelor’s degree;
2. Prior management experience, with facilities management training and experience preferred;
3. Superior organizational, time management and follow-up skills;
4. Strong information technology skills, with proficiency in Chaverware and Quickbooks preferred;
5. Good writing and editing skills;
6. Familiarity with Jewish customs, holidays and life-cycle events.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Employment benefits of paid vacation and sick leave and health insurance provided.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to President@kanestreet.org.
1397 total views, 1 today