Full-Time Executive Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Jewish Federation of Greater Orange County, NY seeks a dynamic leader focused on cultivating relationships to be its next Executive Director. A top candidate will be a sophisticated community organizer, strategic fundraiser and thrive on building meaningful, pluralistic Jewish community. The Executive Director will have the opportunity to vision with the Board of Trustees, Jewish community and community at large what a diverse, multifaceted Jewish community agency can offer the community. Together they will create a new strategic plan to help the Federation to move to its next phase of success.
The Executive Director is responsible for the daily operations, administration, planning, and organization of work, supervision and evaluation of staff. They work in close partnership with the Federation Board of Trustees and act as the strategic liaison and convener of partnerships with the Jewish community’s religious institutions, organizations and activities as well as the greater Orange County and national communities .
Orange County is nestled in the beautiful Hudson Valley region of New York, a close commute to New York City as well as easy access to hiking, biking, skiing and outdoor adventures. Living and working in Orange County combines the joy of small town living and robust art, culture, farm-to-table cuisine, gorgeous farmer’s markets, exceptional public schools and more.
A qualified candidate will possess:
A bachelor’s degree (required); advanced degree preferred.
3 years of management experience, and experience working with volunteer leadership
Leadership and management skills, integrity, creativity and vision.
Experience creating and implementing goals-focused strategy
Ability to relate to people of all ages, denominations and philosophies.
Ability to attend periodic evening meeting & Sunday events
A commitment to pluralism as well as comfort with and involvement in Jewish life and practice.
A diverse understanding of Israel and its complexities.
1. In partnership with the Campaign Chair and campaign committee, recruit campaign leadership, develop and execute annual and special campaigns, and train volunteer solicitors. Ensure proper logistic support to ensure quality accounting and oversight.
2. Execute all aspects of the campaign, including missions, major gifts, Super Sunday, phonathons, mailings, and events.
3. Develop a women’s philanthropy group, including giving levels and communication and marketing strategy.
1. Supervise the overall financial input and appropriate reporting of financial matters.
2. Plan, develop and monitor the budget; provide regular reporting for the Executive Committee.
3. Act as liaison with national and other non-local agencies such as UJC, JCPA, JDC.
1. Oversee the functioning of the Board of Trustees and all Federation Committees. This includes cultivating new board members, supporting committee responsibilities and logistics connected to meetings.
2. Support federation committees in carrying out goals and programs of the Federation.
3. Create and execute the annual meeting of the board.
1. Act as the public face of the Jewish community
2. Seek out and incubate opportunities for partnerships within and outside the Orange County Jewish community
3. Ensure that Board of Trustees members are regularly updated on issues and opportunities happening in the local and national Jewish community that relate to Federation.
4. Regularly publicize events and opportunities in local press and on social media
5. Oversee content and execution of We Are One, Federation’s newsletter
6. Advocate on behalf of the Jewish community during times of challenge and celebration
7. Promote cooperation and coordination among all Jewish institutions and organizations in the community
8. Convene community wide initiatives that streamline resources, hit key markets and demographics, and provide coordinated community planning through shared calendar.
The Executive Director will receive:
• Competitive salary in the nonprofit marketplace, commensurate with the candidate’s experience level.
• Generous vacation and comp time; this position operates on a four-day work week
• Other benefits – life insurance, pension match, etc.
• Flexible hours and ability to work a split in-office/work from home schedule
• Access to Jewish Federation of NY’s training and professional development opportunities
• The chance to make a lasting impact on the lives of the entire Jewish community
• More about Jewish Federation of Greater Orange County:
Since 1977, the Jewish Federation of Greater Orange County has been working together with community members to build and support a strong Jewish community – enriching people’s lives, helping those in need, and embracing new Jewish families. Each year our recipient organizations in Orange County, subsidized by generous Federation funding, help tens of thousands of people here at home. The Orange County Jewish community is comprised of 7 synagogues, 1 JCCs, and is home to approximately 3300 Jewish families.
• As part of the Jewish Federations of North America, we support hundreds of thousands more with our humanitarian initiatives around the world.
How to ApplyTo apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Joyce@JewishOrangeNY.org
1061 total views, 1 today