Full-Time Executive Director
The Sidney Albert Albany Jewish Community Center (SAAJCC) seeks an Executive Director with the professional experience, enthusiasm and visionary leadership to help enhance this 90 year Albany institution. The successful candidate must have the vision to lead the JCC into the future building a new foundation for continued growth and expansion.
The mission of the SAAJC is to provide a nurturing environment where individuals and families can grow and develop in mind, body and spirit. We serve the spectrum of family life, from infants through seniors, through programs related to education, physical fitness, and communal life. While our core values are rooted in Jewish principles, our membership is comprised of a broad and diverse cross section of our community and we welcome all individuals and families regardless of their faith or background.
We are seeking an innovative community-builder with a passion for Jewish life along with the spirit to grow with the greater community we serve. A successful candidate will be a visionary leader with strong fund-raising abilities, who can develop volunteer leadership and help professional staff grow and meet the SAAJCC’s and our community’s changing needs.
The Executive Director:
- must be competent in areas of leadership and program development; governance; fundraising and development; finance, budgeting and administration; marketing, communication and promotion;
- will play a key role in the Strategic Planning process to help us implement our future course;
- develops cooperative relationships with community organizations, both within the Jewish community and in the community-at-large. Fostering a collaborative relationship with the Jewish Federation is a key component;
- must be an experienced, dynamic, forward-thinking executive and ambassador capable of providing leadership to help grow the organization and position it in the marketplace ensuring its continued success and vibrancy;
- assumes leadership of fundraising strategies; collaborating with the Board of Directors and Development Director, to create and promote vehicles for individual, foundation and corporate giving; engages current and prospective funding communities in support of SAAJCC initiatives; and strengthen the development capabilities of Board, staff and volunteers across the organization; and
- serves as the principal spokesperson for the SAAJCC; communicates clearly and persuasively to increase visibility and credibility of the organization, inspire support, and promote public awareness about the success of the SAAJCC; expands community outreach in a way that helps various constituencies connect with our mission and community programming efforts for seniors, youth, early childhood and educational programming.
As the professional leader of the SAAJCC, the Executive Director will oversee and successfully manage staff directors and departments. You will partner with the Jewish and general communities while working to build a strong Board of Directors to create positive transformation and change in our warm and welcoming community of approximately 2000 members.
The Executive Director will be responsible for developing and marketing dynamic programs, working with board of directors and committees, overseeing preparation and managing an annual budget of over $5,000,000, overseeing staff, coordinating fund raising campaigns and working with local Jewish and other social service and governmental agencies. Experience with capital campaign and construction a plus. Candidate should be entrepreneurial, creative and have ability to work with a diverse Jewish community. Candidate must have a strong managerial background, preferably with a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in Jewish Community Center or other Jewish Communal organizations, appropriate educational background and an understanding of and familiarity with Jewish life and traditions.
How to ApplyPlease send resume and salary requirement to email@example.com
1356 total views, 2 today