Full-Time Executive Vice President
About Sacred Spaces:
Sacred Spaces is a fast-growing, two-year-old start-up that works to build healthy Jewish communities by partnering with Jewish institutions to prevent and respond to sexual abuse and other abuses of power. We help prevent and respond to abuse in a way that minimizes damage to the institution, while ensuring that support for the victim and protection for constituents are the institution’s top priority. Sacred Spaces empowers institutions with the tools they need to prevent and respond to abuse through policy development and training.
As an organization, we are also committed to creating sacred spaces in our internal operations, fostering a workplace environment that models transparency and accountability with direct and regular feedback loops, clear goal-setting, and a culture of gratitude and improvement. We recognize that our work is possible because of the contributions of our incredible team and so we invest in their professional development, providing ample opportunities for on-the-ground learning, mentorship, and meaningful involvement in organizational decision-making. More information on our internal guiding principles can be found at: www.JewishSacredSpaces.org.
Job Description and Responsibilities:
Sacred Spaces seeks an Executive Vice President (EVP) to work with the President to strategically scale and manage the organization as we move out of our start-up phase. The EVP will be responsible for overseeing the operations and programs of Sacred Spaces to ensure excellence and to optimize impact. Sacred Spaces is in a period of rapid growth, and the EVP will play a critical role in providing leadership for our organization and ensuring we are poised for success now and in the future. To this end, the EVP will shape and implement organizational strategy in partnership with the President, develop and maintain efficient and effective internal systems, attract and develop top talent, ensure ongoing programmatic excellence and strategic growth, cultivate and manage organizational partnerships, ensure integration of program and development, and promote a culture of engaged staff who perform with excellence. The EVP will report directly to the President and will hire and supervise key operations and program staff.
This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate interested in joining a small group of innovative professionals as they work to create large-scale change in the Jewish community. The ideal candidate will be an experienced builder who thrives in a start-up culture and is able to prioritize and complete multiple initiatives with efficiency and excellence. The candidate will be a self-starter who can work collaboratively; is organized and attentive to details; and has strong managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Growth, Leadership & Management
Responsible for exponentially expanding Sacred Spaces’ capacity to meet the growing need emerging from the field, by recruiting, hiring, and onboarding top talent; directly supervising staff; cultivating a strong team and organizational culture; and designing and implementing foundational systems, including personnel policies and procedures.
- Hires and directly supervises senior staff/consultants ensuring quality, capacity, and strategic growth;
- Creates and promotes a positive work environment that supports and motivates a geographically dispersed staff towards team alignment, high performance, and professional growth;
- In partnership with the President, sets goals for staff, consultants, and other stakeholders to ensure overall organizational effectiveness, culture, and integration; and
- Facilitates collaboration and strengthens internal communications, program planning processes, and clarity of roles throughout the organization.
Strategy, Partnerships & Fundraising
- Collaborates with the President to set annual and long-term goals for programmatic and financial growth and to design and implement attendant strategies;
- Cultivates and manages partnerships and complex organizational relationships, representing Sacred Spaces in a variety of communal contexts; and
- Works to expand and support revenue generating and fundraising activities; partners with the President on institutional grants; and in the future, hires and works closely with Director of Development to expand revenue in alignment with the strategic plan.
Infrastructure & Operations
- Oversees the function of daily systems and program implementation; authorized to make key decisions, particularly when the President is traveling; and
- Develops and oversees high-quality internal systems including financial management, human resources, and daily operations, ensuring that these systems are designed and implemented to best support Sacred Spaces’ strategic goals.
Qualifications and Skills of Ideal Candidate:
- Advanced degree with at least 10 years of proven success in senior Jewish communal leadership position, including overseeing/implementing organizational strategy, growth, capacity building, and partnerships
- Excellence in staff management with ability to nurture and coach staff; develop and manage high-performing, accountable teams; set and achieve strategic and ambitious objectives; and promote a culture of growth, learning, skill acquisition, and professional development
- Experience overseeing operations, talent, finance, and fundraising
- Ability to thrive in a start-up environment, where self-reliance, innovation, problem-solving and a positive can-do attitude are critical to success, and where resource constraints require strategic thinking and creativity
- Excellent track record cultivating and managing complex partnerships with sophistication
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully, collaboratively, and diplomatically with partners and colleagues, maintaining a calm demeanor in high-pressure situations
- Demonstrated excellence in verbal communication, writing, and editing
- Exceptionally organized, analytic, and detail-oriented with attention to accuracy in data and financials
- Decisive, passionate, self-motivated, and diligent, with a positive, collaborative, solution-driven attitude
- Entrepreneurial and flexible
- Possesses deep integrity, trustworthiness, and discretion
- Deep knowledge of the North American Jewish community
- Commitment to Sacred Spaces’ mission and approach
- Willingness to travel
Salary commensurate with experience.
How to ApplyPlease send an email with the subject “Executive Vice President” including resume and cover letter to Jobs@JewishSacredSpaces.org. Due to high volume, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
130 total views, 5 today