Full-Time Financial Controller
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Pomegranate is a premier kosher supermarket with a forward-thinking approach. With a dedication to homemade foods and honest ingredients, we offer the largest selection of freshly prepared kosher foods in the country. Since its Grand Opening on August 12, 2008, Pomegranate has been winning over customers from throughout the tri-state area – and far beyond.
The 20,000 sq. ft. stand-alone store, based in Midwood, Brooklyn, has also garnered sterling accolades and rave reviews from such publication as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and The Daily News. Prestigious industry publications such as Progressive Grocer and Saveur have dubbed us “Brooklyn’s premiere kosher food market” and the “WholeFoods of Kosher grocery”.
We have built a customer-centric environment that feels very warm and welcoming, and are very focused on a shopping experience that makes grocery shopping enjoyable.
We are seeking a Financial Controller to lead all day-to-day finance operation and oversee a team of 200+ staff members including functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, scheduling and payroll. The Controller will ensure that the company has the systems and procedures in place to support effective program implementation and conduct flawless audits. The Controller will work closely with the founder, Managers, and their staff, not only to educate them regarding finance and accounting procedures but also to explore how the finance function can support the company’s operations.
In addition, he will partner with the founder, senior leadership, and the human resources (HR) and information technology (IT) staff to enhance and better integrate finance, HR, and IT functions.
- Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits; providing information to external auditors.
- Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
- Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Ensures operation of equipment by establishing preventive maintenance requirements and service contracts; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
The Financial Controller will report into the Founder and oversee a Team of over 200 employees. A bachelor’s degree in business administration, management, finance, or a related field is needed for this position. A Masters in preferred and leadership certifications are a plus. 10+ years in an Operational management position is required, preferably coming out of Retail. We will not review anyone without a minimum of 15 years of work experience and a proven track record of leadership success.
Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Must be organized, analytical.
Must have experience leading a large group of workers to meet company objectives.
An understanding of the community is key.
Most importantly: True leaders are authentic.
How to ApplyEmail: Alexandra@thepompeople.com
1227 total views, 1 today