Our client, an online retailer of home electronics located in Central NJ, is looking to hire a highly-motivated GSA sales professional who will be a key sales contributor for GSA accounts.
The company has built a solid reputation and customer base over the past 15 years, and they are growing their operations to keep up with incredible demand. This is an ideal opportunity for an Account Manager with previous GSA sales experience who is interested in working with government entities.
Working in a fast-paced, innovative environment, the candidate will be empowered to sell products to Government entities.
candidate will be responsible for identifying, qualifying and selling merchandise, will be responsible for making contacts with new government accounts. will also manage and prioritize sales activities through prospecting, lead qualification, resource allocation, sales strategy and planning. Additionally, will participate in the creation, presentation and sale of a complete value proposition via the telephone, Internet, and customer meetings.
- Identify, propose, negotiate, and close opportunities in the GSA market segment in order to meet and exceed the quota.
- Convert government needs into sales opportunities.
- Build relationships with government agency decision makers.
- Consolidate scattered government procurement data into actionable opportunities and critical intelligence.
- Bid on GSA schedules.
- Review and analyze GSA contracts, including but not limited to all Bidding requests and more to ensure the best possible fit to explore government sales.
- Fulfill all packaging and submissions based on each specific timeline requirement.
- Provide complete and compliant responses to Request for Proposals.
- Develop a schedule and timeline, including a work breakdown strategy.
- Maintain an active pipeline of forecasted sales to meet monthly quota objectives.
- Maintains regular contact with account base, and increases revenue from positioning and demonstrating new and existing products, preparing appropriate proposals, and closing the sale.
- Develop and deliver customized demonstrations, by web and face-to-face .
- Qualify new opportunities and prospects, dimension the size of opportunities and articulate probabilities of closure.
- 3 years of Previous GSA sales and bidding experience is a MUST.
- An understanding of the GSA bidding process from pre-submission to post-award. Familiarity with writing proposals, packaging presentations.
- Ability to provide distinctive proposals setting you apart from your competitors.
- Results-oriented with self-confidence, perseverance and a high sense of urgency .
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Great attitude, goal driven and team player.
- Creative, and resourceful.
- Proven success in a sales culture with demonstrated and proven track record of exceeding annual quotas.
- Experience in market/prospect research, lead generation, prospect list development and deal proposal and negotiations.
Location: Central NJ