Full-Time Head of School
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Atlanta Jewish Academy is a premier, college preparatory, co-educational, preschool-12th grade, independent Jewish Day School, guided by modern orthodox values and principles. AJA pursues the ideals of community, tradition, individual development, and educational innovation. AJA seeks to develop the whole person for college and life by fostering a love of Torah, Israel, and all Jewish people through excellent general studies and Judaic studies education within an inclusive, nurturing environment.
AJA is located on a state-of-the-art facility in the wooded Sandy Springs neighborhood of Atlanta, Georgia. The school serves a religiously diverse Jewish population coming from greater Atlanta and beyond. We are in the process of building a $10M high school addition to bring two historic schools onto one innovative location; more than $6M was raised before the campaign was announced. We offer a rich educational experience from a cutting-edge Reggio Emilia-Inspired preschool to an excellent upper school with a deep STEM program, a broad range of AP courses, and individualized advanced study.
AJA is looking for its next Head of School, having merged the Greenfield Hebrew Academy and Yeshiva Atlanta in July 2014 under its first head of school. You will lead the future growth of the school starting on July 1, 2016.
In this position, you will:
- Empower and inspire administrators, faculty, staff, students, parents, trustees, alumni, and friends to advance the school’s mission and vision.
- Drive the school’s consistent pursuit of academic excellence.
- Supervise administrators to ensure that the school runs with integrity and with continuous improvement.
- Create systems and processes to help the school operate consistently and with strong financial oversight.
- Cultivate strong and positive relationships with the school’s trustees.
- Participate actively in raising funds in support of the school’s capital and operating needs.
Ideally, you will be:
- A visible, collaborative leader across Jewish Atlanta.
- An approachable and experienced educator who relates to children and adults.
- A religious role model with Orthodox smicha or similar graduate degree(s).
- An organized manager who balances relationships and oversight.
- A passionate and intuitive public speaker and writer.
- A creative, flexible innovator interested in the use of data and technology in advancing education.
AJA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.
How to ApplyFor more information, please visit http://atidservices.com/aja or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
669 total views, 1 today