Full-Time Head of School/Principal
Beth Chaim Congregation is an independent, egalitarian Jewish community committed to the joyful celebration of Jewish spirituality. We are currently seeking a Head of School for our supplementary Kindergarten through 7th grade religious school program in our Danville, California synagogue home.
Our religious school has a values based curriculum where all the students are encouraged to explore and strengthen their own Jewish identity. Having faculty members from within our religious community gives us the unique advantage of dedicated teachers who take pride in getting to know our students and their families. Our Principal will work with and be supported by a half-time School Administrator.
Responsibilities: This high visibility position must establish effective working relationships with our spiritual leadership, board of directors, parents, faculty, madrichim and students.
Key Responsibilities include:
• Maintain all aspects of our Religious School program including but not limited to staff recruitment, development & retention; program development, and budgeting
• Provide intellectual leadership in curriculum development and ongoing support to faculty
• Oversee our B’nei Mitzvah program and be involved in some aspects of B’nei Mitzvah training and oversight
• Coordinate registration, orientation and ongoing programming
• Prepare written communications to keep community informed about school affairs
Qualifications: A self-motivated, proactive individual with the ability to work well independently and in partnership with the Rabbi and our Education Committee. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part of a team are critical for success. The ideal candidate will be both a leader who can develop and implement first-rate religious school programs, as well as an administrator who can effectively manage both people and projects.
• Minimum education requirements: college degree, Masters in Jewish Education preferred
• 3 to 5 years experience in a religious school environment in a leadership role
• Experience in teaching, curriculum development and program building
• Experience in hiring, developing, and evaluating staff
• Familiarity with curriculum content
• Demonstrated ability to partner with others and build relationships
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Strong Hebrew prayer skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities
• Budgeting experience
• Computer proficiency (Microsoft office environment)
Hours: This is a full-time position. This position requires regular evening and weekend hours, yet allows for flexibility! Beth Chaim offers a comprehensive benefits package including health care, paid vacation, and sick leave.
Join a GREAT community and make a difference in the lives of our Jewish children!
How to ApplyPlease send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
260 total views, 5 today