Full-Time Hebrew and/or Judaics Teacher
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Jewish Day School of the Lehigh Valley (JDS) is a community school located in Allentown, PA. The JDS is seeking dynamic, professional and highly motivated Hebrew and/or Judaic studies teachers to join our innovative, creative team of educators. A successful candidate will have a strong background in Jewish Studies, Hebrew and English fluency, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the desire to create a class environment conducive to learning and personal growth. Candidates should have experience working with Elementary and/or Middle School students, eligibility to work in the United States, a minimum of two years of teaching experience, and/or participation in a teacher education program. The applicant must have an understanding of developmentally appropriate teaching methods and the ability to adapt the curriculum to the needs of each student.
- Teach and lead daily prayer, engage in weekly Shabbat celebrations and collaborate on holiday programming in the school with the Jewish Studies faculty
- Teach Hebrew and/or Jewish holidays and ethics, and subjects including Chumash, Navi, and Talmud
- Keep up with the discipline of best practices, and work to help identify key texts, ideas, materials and supplies that work to reflect the school’s mission of academic excellence
- Attend all faculty meetings, required trainings and after school events
- Share in supervision duties outside the classroom, including lunch, recess, and dismissal
- Assess student performance formally and informally, keep appropriate records and documentation, and prepare report cards, detailed report narratives, and progress reports
- Communicate with parents on a regular basis through conferences and other means to discuss students’ progress and learning plans
- Have a strong commitment to professional growth and development
The Jewish Day School is a dual curriculum Pre-K through eighth grade community school with families from a range of backgrounds and practices. Applicants are expected to be passionate about Limudei Kodesh and fostering the connection between our students and our Jewish traditions and identity.
We are located in picturesque Allentown, PA, a diverse yet close-knit Jewish community that prides itself on respect and openness to one another. We have Orthodox, Conservative, Reform and Reconstructionist synagogues, glatt kosher meat and bakery goods, glatt kosher dining experience at Muhlenberg College, and groceries available at several supermarkets, a beautiful mikvah, a large eruv and a full service JCC.
How to ApplyInterested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
1096 total views, 1 today