Part-Time Hebrew and Judaics Educator/Teacher
JFLL (Jewish Family Life and Learning) Educator
Job Description: Elementary and/or Middle School age Hebrew and Judaics Teacher
• Tuesdays, 4 – 6 PM
• Periodic Shabbat Services, family learning programs, Holiday programs/celebrations. (compensated)
• Plan innovative, stimulating classroom activities that actively engage students in the learning process. Class
time is divided between Judaics curriculum (Jewish texts) and Hebrew, studied hevruta style
• On a rotating basis, every third week, plan an Opening Assembly that serves as a set induction for the planned
• Submit monthly overview and weekly lesson plans
• Attend monthly teacher meetings and learning opportunities (Compensated)
• Become familiar with Reconstructionist Judaism, its philosophy, its theology and its liturgy to deliver lessons
within the framework of the movement.
• Committed to teaching a liberal approach to Judaism, using progressive methods in the classroom and in
• Hebrew teaching experience (classroom, youth group or camp)
• Experience teaching a range of ages
• Strong Judaic knowledge
Compensation: $50-60 per hour commensurate with skills and experience for weekday school; opportunities to work
holidays and services with compensation.
There will be a curriculum and planning meeting in late August and the position begins in the fall of 2018.
Preferred experience: 2 years of classroom teaching or Jewish youth activities
Preferred Degree: BA required
How to ApplyPlease send cover letter and resume via email to: Acting Director of Family Engagement, Hazzan Ayelet Porzecanski cantor@WestEndSynagogue.org
1144 total views, 6 today