Full-Time Human Resource Representative
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Pomegranate is a premier kosher supermarket with a forward-thinking approach. With a dedication to homemade foods and honest ingredients, we offer the largest selection of freshly prepared kosher foods in the country. Since its Grand Opening on August 12, 2008, Pomegranate has been winning over customers from throughout the tri-state area – and far beyond.
The 20,000 sq. ft. stand-alone store, based in Midwood, Brooklyn, has also garnered sterling accolades and rave reviews from such publication as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and The Daily News. Prestigious industry publications such as Progressive Grocer and Saveur have dubbed us “Brooklyn’s premiere kosher food market” and the “WholeFoods of Kosher grocery”.
We have built a customer-centric environment that feels very warm and welcoming, and are very focused on a shopping experience that makes grocery shopping enjoyable.
We are currently seeking a Human Resources Representative to support our Human Resources department on all personnel matters including: preparing payroll, sourcing and pre screening candidates, orienting new employees, verifying I-9 documentation and maintaining the Human Resources data base to ensure all information is current and up to date.
• Recruiting staff – this includes developing job descriptions, checking application forms, short listing, interviewing and selecting candidates;
• Administering payroll and maintaining employee records;
• Interpreting and advising on employment law;
• Advising on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits;
• Dealing with grievances and implementing disciplinary procedures;
• Employee Relations
• Orienting new staff
• Well organized.
• Accurate and attentive to detail.
• Excellent communications and public relations abilities.
• Ability to assist and support others
• 2-4 years prior human resources experience in a HR Assistant/HR administrative role.
• Understanding of Human Resource reporting and recordkeeping requirements.
• Developed understanding of all aspects Human Resources including payroll, confidentiality, labor laws, compliance and benefits.
• Proven track record of providing excellent customer service to all employees.
• Multi-tasking and detail orientation a must.
• Associate’s degree or HR Certification considered a plus
How to ApplySend resume and salary expectations to Alexandra@thepompeople.com
831 total views, 1 today