Full-Time Human Resources Manager
RealHR Solutions is looking for a motivated and results-driven Human Resources Manager to lead the delivery of HR programs and practices for our client, a private day-school school that for generations has served the Sephardic community. This is a full time position located in Brooklyn, NY.
The Human Resources Manager will lead the Human Resources function for a population of 500 faculty and administrative staff. The position will support the implementation of sound, compliant and business driven Human Resources programs. This position will report to the Head of School, and support the Principals and faculty of the elementary and high school, and the business office staff. He/she will be a resource to employees with the goal of fostering a culture of communication, teamwork, creative thinking, growth and excellence.
- In partnership with the leadership team, drive Human Resources initiatives and solutions that support the achievement of goals and that are aligned with the values and mission.
- Provide day-to-day direction to ensure HR policies and practices are consistently applied and compliance with all federal and state employment and employee relations statutes and regulatory requirements.
- Create policies and best practices that support all human resources administration, recruiting and hiring, onboarding, employee relations, performance management, employee development, training, and compensation and benefits for both year round and seasonal teaching staff.
- Ensure that human resources responds to the needs of management and staff, supports collaboration across all locations, and helps to increase employee engagement and retention.
- Oversee all benefits related programs including the day-to-day administration of group health, dental, supplemental insurance, flexible spending accounts and 403b retirement plans.
- Ensure the proper roll-out and communication of new policies and practices to include the employee handbook.
- Create and maintain job descriptions for all positions across the school.
- Manage the performance review process and associated forms to ensure alignment with the organization’s values and culture.
- Provide guidance and support for compensation practices.
- Manage relationships with brokers, vendors and various insurance companies and negotiate the most cost effective plans without compromising on the value of products or services.
- Manage employee relations issues; seek outside legal counsel as needed.
- Support the transition of the organization to an HRIS.
- Provide input to the Board of Directors.
- 8+ years of Human Resources generalist experience managing the following areas: HR compliance, benefits planning and administration, compensation practices, employee relations, performance management, training, HR technology, staffing and hiring processes and employee programs.
- A highly visible, collaborative and adaptable professional who is able to build positive relationships, work with all levels of an organization and manage the diverse needs of multiple constituents.
- An analytical thinker who sees the big picture and is able to evaluate, develop and implement appropriate solutions while at the same time provide day-to-day hands-on support.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and manage change while respecting organizational culture.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of current HR trends, federal and state regulations, filing and compliance requirements and labor laws.
- Demonstrated success in multi-location organizations.
- Knowledge of HRIS and applicant tracking systems. Proficiency with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience supporting a not-for-profit educational institution or an organization with an educational component preferred.
- Experience supporting a community based organization preferred.
- Degree in HR-related field preferred. SPHR or PHR certification a plus.
Compensation: This position offers a competitive compensation and benefits package.
How to ApplyTo be considered please send a cover letter and resume to: Donna Ricci, Sr. Human Resources Advisor, RealHR Solutions, LLC via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify: “Human Resources Manager” in the subject line. RealHR Solutions, LLC recruits on an equal opportunity basis, with the intent of hiring qualified individuals regardless of their sex, race, religion, ethnic origin, age, disability or other protected classifications.
2494 total views, 1 today