Full-Time IAC Keshet, Teacher
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The IAC Keshet, Teacher is responsible to teaching students in the IAC Keshet program. The IAC Keshet, Teacher reports directly to the New York Program & Education Manager.
Duties include and are not limited to:
- Lead & guide teacher’s assistants with assigned duties in order to coordinate instructional efforts.
- Prepare & maintain lesson materials, class room space such as bulletin board displays, exhibits, equipment, and demonstrations.
- Present subject matter to students using lectures, discussions or role-playing methods.
- Tutor and assist children individually or in small groups in order to help them master assignments and to reinforce learning concepts presented by teachers.
- Supervise students in classrooms, halls and school yard.
- Enforce administration policies and rules governing program.
- Grade class work, compute and record results.
- Instruct and monitor students in the use and care of equipment and materials, in order to prevent injuries and damage.
- Observe students’ performance and record relevant data to assess progress.
- Organize and supervise games and other recreational activities to promote physical, mental and social development.
- Lead teacher-parent conferences regarding students’ progress or problems.
- Prepare lesson outlines and plans in assigned subject areas and submit outlines to teachers for review.
- Provide extra assistance to students with special needs, such as learning difficulties, physical and mental disabilities.
- Take class attendance, and maintain attendance records.
- Assist in student shuttle loading and unloading.
- Attend staff meetings, meetings with Program Director & Program Manager and program events as required.
- Preferred 2 years of related job experience- teaching groups of children.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Creative and Energetic.
- Action oriented and ability to multi-task.
- Proficiency in Hebrew and English.
- NYC teacher certification is a plus
- A proactive, energetic attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal, communications skills.
How to ApplyTo apply, please use the following link: http://careers.israeliamerican.org/x/detail/a2eok9rkl820/aaaq
700 total views, 1 today