NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
About the Israeli-American Council:
The mission of the IAC is to build an engaged and united Israeli-American community that strengthens: the Israeli and Jewish identity of our next generations, the American Jewish community and the bond between the peoples of the United States and the State of Israel.
The IAC is seeking an IAC Seattle Regional Director to lead its vision of bringing together Israeli-American communities throughout the Seattle metropolitan area. The ideal candidate will be high in caliber with a proven track record of successful leadership and management and with the ability to implement the IAC mission.
The Seattle Regional Director reports to the IAC Seattle Regional Council and the National IAC CEO.
- Lead the IAC Seattle regional office to implement the IAC’s philosophy, mission, strategy, and goals on a local level.
- Implement programs and produce community events for the Israeli-American community in the Seattle metropolitan area.
- Coordinate IAC Seattle Office operations, finances, marketing, programming, and other issues with the National IAC headquarter.
- Establish relationships and empower existing Israeli-American organizations in the Seattle metropolitan area in order to enhance their activities and broaden their engagement.
- Establish a strong and mutually supportive relationship between the Israeli-American community and the Jewish community in the Seattle metropolitan area.
- Hire professional staff for the Seattle IAC Regional Office, train and supervise them to ensure effective operations.
- Develop and implement new programs for the Israeli-American community in the Seattle metropolitan area.
- Oversee the production of large scale activities and event in Seattle.
- Acquire a deep understanding of the Israeli-American community in the Seattle metropolitan area in order to provide relevant and meaningful programming, events and services.
- Financial management: create an annual budget with the support of the IAC National Headquarters..
- Assist Regional Council in the development of strong IAC lay leadership.
- Represent the IAC and the Israeli-American community in various forums.
- Community outreach and public relations: reach out to the community, maintain and create partnerships with other community organizations.
- Work together with the regional council on fundraising planning and implementation, including identifying resource requirements, researching funding sources, establishing strategies to approach funders, submitting proposals and administrating fundraising records and documentation.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree preferred.
- At least 5 years of related job experience.
- Experience in leadership and management of organization.
- A proven leader with exceptional development skills
- Conceptual thinker, ability to see the big picture and to create and execute a grand vision.
- Fluent in Hebrew and English – Speaking, reading and writing.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of Israeli culture.
- Good operational, administrative, and management capabilities, ability to lead processes.
- Strong high level planning and monitoring capabilities.
- Experience in managing and leading a team of employees.
- Action oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
- A proactive, energetic and positive leader.
- National travel required up to 10% of time.
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with donors, Council members, staff and community organizations.
- Excellent interpersonal communications skills and out of the box thinking.
- Exceptional ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
- Knowledge in Israel related issues and passion regarding community building.
- Experience in nonprofit management is a plus.
How to ApplyTo apply, please use the following link: http://careers.israeliamerican.org/x/detail/a2eok9rsql0u/aaaq
1544 total views, 1 today