Full-Time IAC Director of Finance
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
About the Israeli-American Council:
The mission of the Israeli-American Council (IAC) is to build an active and giving Israeli-American Community throughout the United States in order to strengthen the State of Israel, our next generation and to provide a bridge to the Jewish American community.
We are seeking a Director of Finance for a challenging, creative, multi-disciplinary position. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and federal and provincial legislation affecting charities. Tasks require a strong attention to detail and ability to work under tight deadlines. The Director of Finance will report to the Chief Financial Officer.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Prepare business activity reports, financial position forecasts, annual budgets, or reports required by regulatory agencies.
· Coordinate and direct the financial planning, budgeting, procurement, or investment activities of all or part of an organization.
· Assist in the develop internal control policies, guidelines, and procedures for activities such as budget administration, cash and credit management, and accounting.
· Provide direction and assistance to other organizational units regarding policies and procedures and efficient control and utilization of financial resources.
· Analyze the financial details of past, present, and expected operations to identify development opportunities and areas where improvement is needed.
· Advise management on short-term and long-term financial objectives, policies, and actions.
· Monitor financial activities and details, such as cash flow and reserve levels, to ensure that all legal and regulatory requirements are met.
· Evaluate needs for procurement of funds and investment of funds and make appropriate recommendations.
· Develop and maintain relationships with banking, insurance, and no organizational accounting personnel to facilitate financial activities.
· Maintain current knowledge of organizational policies and procedures, federal and state policies and directives, and current accounting standards.
· Review the receipt, disbursement, banking, protection, and custody of funds, securities, and financial instruments.
· Conduct or coordinate audits of company accounts and financial transactions to ensure compliance with state and federal requirements and statutes.
· Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Commerce, or Business Management/Administration.
· Chartered Accountant, Certified General Accountant, or Certified Management Accountant designation is an asset.
· 3 to 5 years’ experience in progressive financial responsibility.
· Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
· Knowledge of federal and provincial legislation affecting charities.
· Knowledge of the voluntary sector.
· Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills.
· Hebrew & English FLUENCY REQUIRED.
· Proficiency in the use of computer programs for: Accounting, Word processing, Databases, Spreadsheets, E-mail, Internet.
· Action oriented and ability to handle multiple tasks and deadlines.
· Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to create a results
driven, team oriented environment.
· Excellent interpersonal, communications skills and out of the box
· Exceptional ability to multi-task and work under pressure.
· Willingness to travel on occasion.
How to Applyhttp://careers.israeliamerican.org/x/detail/a2eok9rk88b2/aaaq
754 total views, 1 today