Full-Time Judaic Studies Faculty
H.F. Epstein Hebrew Academy
EHA is a small private Orthodox Jewish day school in St. Louis, MO serving students in Early Childhood through 8th grade. Our students come from all backgrounds and are engaged in a nurturing, child-centered environment dedicated to cutting-edge best practices in Judaic and General studies. Our small class sizes and professional culture make EHA an outstanding work environment. This is a great opportunity for the right candidates looking to grow professionally and be part of a warm and dynamic school environment.
Judaic Studies Faculty Opportunity
EHA is seeking a new member(s) of our Judaic Studies faculty, that work with students in 4th grade and/or Middle School students in a range of subjects from Torah Sh’Bichtav and Torah Sh’B’al Peh (written and oral Torah). This position is full time, and could be adjusted to part-time if needed.
Candidates should have a dynamic presence in the classroom, passion for Jewish and general knowledge, and a desire to work with children, helping them form the skillset of fluent, knowledgeable, textually adept young Jewish scholars. EHA provides a nurturing and growth-oriented environment for teachers, both those new the field and those with experience as well as extensive professional development opportunities. If you love guiding learning experiences and seek to help shape the Jewish leaders of the not-too-distant future, we want to hear from you.
- Previous experience (two years) in Judaic Studies school setting, ideally in the content areas of Chumash, Navi, Mishnah & Talmud, with high comfort level within teaching Jewish text.
- Have a strong personal educational background in Jewish Studies, a bachelor’s degree in relevant fields, a master’s degree is preferred – or equivalent degrees (e.g. Rabbinic ordination).
- Strong oral and written communication skills, working with parents, staff, and students.
- Willingness to work with students and staff outside of the regular school day
- Embrace a warm faculty culture focused on advancing the Academy’s mission.
- Convey patience and empathy with adolescents and colleagues.
- Enthusiasm to always learn and grow in his/her practice; always working to grow.
- Uphold the professional standards at EHA and Support the religious mission of EHA.
- Embrace working with a diverse student population.
To apply: please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy of your resume, cover letter, and a list of 3 professional references. Benefits and salary commensurate with experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage candidates with diverse experience or background to apply.
565 total views, 2 today