Full-Time Junior Accountant
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
WHO WE ARE:
Pomegranate, based in Midwood, Brooklyn, is dedicated to transforming the way our community shops because food plays such an integral role in our lives. We strive to exceed expectations with an attention to detail that’s found everywhere from our gourmet fare to our impeccable displays of basics.
WE ARE SEEKING: A Junior Accountant responsible for handling the fundamental aspects of a firm’s financial recordkeeping, including recording financial transactions, managing accounts payable and receivable, reconciling bank statements, and completing annual tax forms.
KEY RESPONSIBILITY AREAS & TASKS:
• Prepare financial statements and reports, including the profit and loss statement and balance sheets.
• Responsible for ensuring compliance of standard accounting practices
• Assist with budget preparations.
• Pay bills and maintain ledgers.
• Be able to provide high level of accuracy.
• Receive, approve, and/or decline client invoices.
• Keep track of client assets.
• Code payables for accounts payable clerks to input.
• Assure expenditures are in accordance with code balances for item acquisition.
• Conduct invoice activities and pay vendors for delivered materials.
• Provide inventory support, including maintaining office materials and supplies.
• Receive requests for materials and equipment and prepare purchase orders accordingly.
• Transmit purchase orders directly to vendors for purchases.
• Prepare appropriate reports as requested by clients and partners.
• Must be highly PC literate (Word, Excel, etc.) and possess excellent keyboarding skills.
This job posting is intended to describe the general requirements for the performance of this job. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned by leadership.
A successful candidate will demonstrate the following:
• At least two years prior accounting/bookkeeping experience.
• Ability to handle fiscal information with sensitivity and integrity.
• Proficiency in Quick Books and Microsoft Office (Word and Excel);
• Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Ability to meet deadlines while multi-tasking.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills
How to ApplyAlexandra@thepompeople.com
553 total views, 1 today