Part-Time Office Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Supervises: Interns, Volunteers, Select Contractors
Status: Part-time, starting date and hours (20-32) negotiable, 2013
Dance/NYC’s (www.dancenyc.org) mission is to bolster the support structure for dance in New York City—serving as the voice and guide for local artists and managers. The organization achieves this mission through three core program areas: public engagement/education, research, and convening/professional development. It seeks to add a key member to its current two-person staff who will assume responsibility for office management and administration.
Duties and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Executive Director and working with the Special Projects Manager:
• Establish and maintain up-to-date records of office management practices
• Manage organizational scheduling and track deliverable dates and internal and external deadlines across projects (fundraising, fiscal management,
communications, programs), with input from all relevant stakeholders
• Manage organizational database (entry, list creation, queries, reports)
• Liaise with vendors and coordinate purchases
• Manage facilities and office technology
• Respond to constituent inquiries (mail, phones)
• Support other areas of general administration as needed
Fiscal Coordination and Compliance
Reporting to the Executive Director and financial consultants:
• Coordinate and track all aspects of ongoing fiscal management, executing policies and procedures to ensure-audit readiness
• Participate in organizational budgeting and financial strategy
• Prepare fundraising materials as requested
• Work with Executive Director and Special Projects Manager to develop and implement organizational human resource systems, assuming primary responsibility for intern (including interns who can support the tasks described here) and volunteer policy, training, management, and reviews
• Train staff on operations systems
• Manage relationships with independent contractors as directed by Executive Director
• Support Advisory Committee and Board
• Provide support to Executive Director on advocacy, research, public presentations and other initiatives
• Manage unique initiatives as they arise
The ideal candidate will have relevant prior administrative and financial experience. S/he will be future focused, data driven, strategy minded, and thrive in startup environments. S/he will be methodical and detail oriented, with excellent planning and time management skills, and able to advance multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines. S/he will be current on and comfortably engage with emerging technologies, and demonstrate a commitment to technology solutions in the social enterprise space. S/he will be versed in the arts and culture landscape.
Compensation is hourly and based on experience. Dance/NYC is an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplyTo apply, please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and references by email to Lane Harwell at email@example.com by April 19, 2013.
9353 total views, 128 today