Full-Time Partner Teacher (STEM)
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Partner Teacher (STEM)
A Partner Teacher is responsible for daily instruction and student support. A Partner Teacher is an experienced educator with a high level of instructional, curricular, and classroom management expertise. Partner teachers have a proven track record of improving student achievement and a history of student growth. Partner Teachers are also responsible for supporting the Master Teacher in leading their teaching team. To qualify as a Partner Teacher, a candidate must demonstrate a high level of pedagogical expertise in elementary/middle school education. Partner Teachers must have a minimum of three years of elementary/middle school classroom teaching experience and a commitment to professional and leadership development.
As a Science, Technology, Engineering and Math instructor, the candidate must have a deep understanding of scientific methodology, coupled with a willingness to create hands-on interdisciplinary units of study that have a fundamental understanding of the Unity of the Universe by Divine intervention.
The Partner Teacher ‘s responsibilities fall into three categories
- To embody, support and maintain the schools mission, purpose, and core values.
- Demonstrate the ability to support the Master Teacher in creating a culture of collaboration and communication among all stakeholders: teachers, staff, parents/caregivers and students.
- Provide a high level of pedagogy, ensuring high quality instruction.
- Develop curriculum aligned to CCLS.
- Prepare lesson plans to be vetted during morning meeting that include opportunities for differentiation.
- Monitor student progress and effectively use data to drive instruction
- Establish and attain long-term and short-term goals that deepen and elevate their pedagogy.
- Effectively differentiate instruction based on student strength and needs that facilitates student progress.
- Utilize a variety of instructional groupings, including whole group, small group and one-on-one instruction to effectively target student strengths and needs.
- Lead the teaching team in the absence of the Master Teacher.
- Lead the school in the absence of the Educational Leadership Team.
- Support the Master Teacher in the execution of their duties.
- Support the Master Teacher in mentoring and developing the other members of their team
- Support the Master Teacher to insure ongoing parental involvement and communication.
- Develop (with the support of the Master Teacher) their own leadership skills. This can include the development and implementation of projects/ initiatives that benefit the larger school community.
- Participate in and (where applicable) support the Master Teacher to facilitate weekly reflection sessions.
If interested, qualified Partner Teachers with a minimum of five years elementary/middle school classroom teaching experience can be considered for Master Teacher vacancies as they arise.
How to ApplyThere are two short essays required to complete your application. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org your cover letter and resume along with the two essay questions below. In the subject line make sure you state "Application for Jewish Academy, First and Last Name".
- The first should detail a memorable learning experience with students
- The second should detail a memorable learning experience with colleagues
783 total views, 1 today