Full-Time Preschool Director
Congregation Adat Reyim
Overview: Congregation Adat Reyim Preschool in Springfield, VA is an early childhood education program committed to Jewish values and traditions, and creative, play-based learning opportunities to prepare children for success in school and as members of their community. This is provided through a warm, welcoming environment. Adat Reyim Preschool offers a core daily program as well as extended enrichment programs after school, and a summer camp program.
Our preschool teachers have the knowledge of early childhood education and development and educate our children through positive interactions and learning activities responsive to children’s interests.
Adat Reyim is a well-established, vibrant, independent Conservative Congregation of 270 families located 20 minutes outside Washington, D.C. in Springfield, VA.
Job Description: We are seeking an experienced, resourceful and warm administrator who will provide leadership and vision to our school. He or she needs a strong curricular and community vision for the school, and the skill in communicating and marketing that vision to the local Jewish and broader community. The ideal candidate is passionate about young children, Jewish heritage and education, and is able to inspire and excite students, parents and teachers.
The Preschool Director is responsible for the administration of the preschool and ensures a safe, healthy and intellectually stimulating environment for children 2-5 years of age. The director oversees all areas of operations to include: health and safety requirements; enrollment goals; marketing plans; parent involvement; staff supervision and development; and collaboration with Rabbi and staff as a full member of our synagogue’s management team.
• Lead and guide teachers in the design and implementation of an integrated, developmentally appropriate curriculum to support children’s development and learning (currently serving 21-month olds thru Pre-K).
• Partner with families to create programs that will enhance and expand curriculum, such as development and learning discussions, as well as leading holiday and celebration events.
• Integrate Jewish beliefs, culture and practices into learning opportunities for children and families.
• Support teachers through leadership, professional development opportunities and regular feedback on performance.
• Develop an annual budget that supports all aspects of the preschool program.
• Collaborate with leadership team to develop and implement a marketing plan to promote the preschool and encourage enrollment and participation.
• Provide guidance in the extension of preschool day to include a meaningful full-day option for families.
• Coordinate and implement our summer preschool camp program.
• Work in partnership with our Rabbi, staff and volunteers on congregational educational programs and holiday celebrations.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Master’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or Related field preferred.
• Minimum of 1 year in supervisory or leadership role.
• Minimum of 3 years experience working with young children.
• Demonstrated experience in program planning, supervision and training
• Knowledge of Jewish traditions and culture and best practices in integrating this knowledge in early childhood setting.
• Excellent communication skills, both written, oral, and via technology.
• Fiscal management skills
• Marketing skills
• Experience in teaching young children and in developing positive relationships with children and families
Duration: This is a year round position including some responsibilities on selected Shabbats and holidays.
Salary: Competitive salary range connected with experience
We would like to have new director in place as soon as possible.
How to ApplySend cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
2865 total views, 1 today