Full-Time Produce Manager
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
WHO WE ARE:
Pomegranate is a premier kosher supermarket with a forward-thinking approach. With a dedication to homemade foods and honest ingredients, we offer the largest selection of freshly prepared kosher foods in the country. Since its Grand Opening on August 12, 2008, Pomegranate has been winning over customers from throughout the tri-state area – and far beyond.
The store has also garnered sterling accolades and rave reviews from such publication as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and The Daily News. Prestigious industry publications such as Progressive Grocer and Saveur have dubbed us “Brooklyn’s premiere kosher food market.”
WE ARE SEEKING: PRODUCE MANAGER.
The produce manager oversees for the produce department. Ensures quality and freshness of all produce, suggests changes to inventory and pricing, and purchases supplies when needed, and monitors quality of goods and service. The produce Manager will ensure all new department associates receive proper training and supervision and will ensure correct ordering, receiving, unloading, storage, and rotation of merchandise and building of displays. We require serious candidates interested in serving customers beyond- the-required. Candidates must be professional, hard-working, with a helpful and out-going personality. Energetic, social, amicable and loves to be around and help people is a MUST.
- Directing produce department personnel, meeting department’s goals and objectives
- Engaging with customers through greetings, offering product information, providing selling suggestions and active sampling and always giving a genuine thank you.
- Ordering produce merchandise and supplies necessary to maintain adequate stock levels.
- Merchandising fruits, vegetables, and produce products in accordance with produce merchandising standards.
- Building attractive displays of produce, while maintaining proper product inventory levels.
- Observing all store rules and company policies directing all team members to do the same.
- Understanding the importance of monitoring product pricing, signage, and placement and the proper use of product shelf tags and signage.
- Keeping clean neat and orderly work and storage areas, including a well swept produce department.
- Performs other duties as needed or assigned by management.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard
- Work quickly/efficiently to accomplish assigned duties, ensuring all team members do the same.
- Learn a wide variety of fruits, vegetables and produce products and various families of produce.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands.
- Supervisory experience–hiring, training, evaluating, directing.
- Demonstrated ability to follow through on commitments.
- Neat and professional appearance
- Friendly and professional demeanor
- Ability to provide quality customer service
How to ApplySend Resume and Salary requirements to Inna Shilman.
1058 total views, 1 today