Part-Time Program/Educational Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Position Opening: Program Director
Nefesh Yehudi Academy (NYA) is a daily after-school Jewish educational program located in East Brunswick, NJ serving students in grades K-5.
Our mission is to provide a Jewish education to complement the curriculum of a local Hebrew immersion charter school program, while encouraging students to appreciate the diversity of all Jews. The curriculum, which is guided by Traditional Jewish and Zionist values, includes the study of written and oral Torah, Jewish history and laws, Mitzvot, and prayers. The program prepares our graduates to succeed in a Jewish middle school if they so choose. We envision that parents, students, and teachers will work together to cultivate a cohesive community of individuals with strong Jewish identities, moral character, and cultural sensitivity. Our staff fosters a passion for Judaism and its practices, facilitates critical and creative thinking skills, and creates an exciting and interactive learning environment to help our students realize their spiritual, intellectual, and social potential.
NYA has a part-time (16 hours/week) opening for a Program Director. In filling this position, we are seeking an articulate, effective leader; ready and able to inspire our students and families in an engaging approach to Jewish education.
The Program Director will lead and coordinate the united effort of parents, teachers and community supporters to realize a vision of high academic quality in the context of enduring Jewish spirit, faith and culture. The principal will provide educational leadership and vision for continued development and implementation of a experiential-based curriculum with high academic standards. The Program Director will be responsible for the operations and daily management of the program and its staff. The position reports to the NYA Board of Directors through the Board President.
• Provide day-to-day leadership of the Program, its teachers, and staff within parameters set by the board.
• As a face of the program, represent the program to key stakeholders including our families, potential donors, and the local Jewish community. This includes actively assisting in the recruitment of new students to our program.
• Recruit, hire, supervise and mentor quality faculty. Provide strategic direction to the teaching staff while inspiring them to pursue professional development and advancement.
• Effectively communicate with parents by sending out progress reports, newsletters and emails to keep them informed of child development, school events and policy changes. Promote an ‘open door’ policy for parents to address their questions or concerns. Establish rapport and connections with students.
• Work with the Board, define and shape the school’s development and growth. Attend Board meetings and prepare appropriate reports for the Board.
• Take a leading role in the continued development and implementation of a novel curriculum which utilizes the best practices of experiential Jewish education while serving the goals of our mission.
• Coordinate maintenance and security of the building and office equipment with the landlord.
• Performs other relevant duties as necessary.
Specific Skills Required
• Candidate should be a creative, resourceful and dynamic individual with vision and energy to grow a school. Thrives at working in a dynamic environment with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
• The leading candidate will demonstrate high integrity, insightfulness, passion, industriousness, and high intelligence with a strong attention to a detail.
• We require previous experience in the Jewish education of elementary school aged children. This experience may be in either a formal or informal environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills in both English and Hebrew are a requirement.
• Prior experience in managing staff and collaborating with a Board is preferred.
• Strong computer skills are preferred including experience with Microsoft Office (especially Word, PowerPoint, and Excel).
Education / Experience Level
• A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required. A teaching certificate with a minimum of three years teaching experience is preferred.
• Experience in office management would also be preferred.
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
For more information, or to submit your resume, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Director”
How to ApplyFor more information, or to submit your resume, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Program Director”
11 total views, 1 today