Full-Time Reseach Associate
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Jewish Foundation of Cincinnati is a private foundation investing Jewish community dollars in high impact, transformational initiatives in the areas of Unmet Basic Needs, Jewish Educational Opportunities, Leadership Development, Continuous Jewish Involvement and Israel Connection. Since its founding in 1995, the Foundation has significantly enhanced the cohesiveness and culture of the Cincinnati Jewish community, and has invested more than $85 million in a vision to make Cincinnati one of America’s great cities for Jewish life.
As a strategic grantmaker, the Foundation engages in community planning with the Jewish Federation of Cincinnati, local congregations and Jewish agencies aligned with the Foundation’s priority goal areas. This approach helps Foundation Trustees determine the most effective ways to invest $12-14 million per year in order to accomplish its objectives in the Cincinnati Jewish community.
Foundation policies and grantmaking decisions are made 11 Trustees, supported by an Executive Director and three additional professionals. Its offices are located in Blue Ash, OH.
The Foundation’s Research Associate, in a newly created position, will be responsible for providing content expertise in the Foundation’s priority goal areas. This full-time professional will be the primary resource conducting research related to Foundation goal areas, grant requests and other relevant initiatives, and for keeping Foundation leadership current in Jewish and general philanthropic developments and trends. The Research Associate will also work on the Foundation’s external communications, e.g. press releases, website, etc.
Areas of Responsibility:
Research and Content Expertise
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn and report about, national and local trends and developments in each of the Foundation’s priority goal areas
- Research and prepare analytic reports and briefing papers about specific projects and broad topical issues for staff and Trustees.
- Assist with early stage communication and proposal preparation with grantees
- Prepare grant analysis documents for staff and Trustees.
- Copy-writing for press releases, newsletters and other public relations vehicles
- Overall website management, including regular updates and web postings
- Design and submission of Foundation advertisements.
- Excellent research and critical thinking skills
- Exemplary verbal and written communication skills
- Strong knowledge of the Cincinnati Jewish community
- College degree preferred
- Previous work experience in a Jewish organization is preferred
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
The Research Associate will report to the Foundation’s Executive Director, and will work closely with the Foundation’s Director of Operations and other Jewish communal professionals. He or she will work full-time and will be expected to attend relevant meetings and programs hosted in the evenings and occasional weekends. There will be travel and professional development opportunities.
How to Apply
If interested, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com
589 total views, 1 today