Full-Time Software Application Developer/Project Manager
The New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) is offering a unique opportunity to an ambitious technician with proven software engineering and project management experience to manage its entire organizational IT effort. NYFA is in the process of overhauling its online presence and customer experience (http://www.artspire.org/), from simple web information to classified advertising, fiscal sponsorship, online grants application and review, and a variety of program offerings that NYFA wants to deliver effectively and interactively online. Base requirements for the application and its various modules have already been defined, and a subcontractor initially hired to complete some of the modules. However, due to the breadth and core importance of the project to NYFA, it is now seeking to complete the development of this multi-module application in-house. The modules are currently in various stages of completion, including some already in production; some in testing; and others still only defined requirements.
NYFA is seeking a skilled and experienced technician:
1. Who can program and complete the project, 2. Manage it together with our skilled in-house user liaison, 3. Then lead NYFA’s IT efforts and strategy going forward once he/she has completed the project.
Requirement for the qualified candidate:
– Must Have at least 3-5 years of demonstrable experience programming and managing a development effort and participating in all stages of an application development lifecycle using:
* Microsoft ASP.NET framework * Microsoft SQL Server * Dotnetnuke – the Content Management Platform for Microsoft .Net
– Must have the ability to analyze requirements and code the application (from scratch in some cases and debugging existing code in others) while at the same time managing the overall process.
– Must be able to work with nontechnical users, help them understand what the technology can do for them and translate their requirements.
– Must have experience bridging applications with related financial and accounting applications.
– Must possess the ability and experience to link the core application to already developed, third-party solutions online like payment processing and shopping carts if these turn-key solutions prove a better way to solve certain needs rather than developing from scratch.
– Previous work with a nonprofit and/or arts institution is a plus.
Salary: $65,000 – $70,000
How to ApplyPlease email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Software Application Developer/Project Manager” in the subject line. No phone calls please. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. Only applicants invited to interview will be contacted. The New York Foundation for the Arts (NYFA) is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. Women, people of color and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. NYFA’s offices are ADA accessible.
7932 total views, 117 today