Temporary Summer Program Director
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Job: Chief Fun Officer (CFO)
Description: Camp Inc., a Jewish overnight summer camp that combines traditional summer camp with a top-notch entrepreneurship program for 6th to 12th graders, located in Steamboat Springs, CO seeks a camp programmer to infuse our community with fun through evening activities, free-time choices, and more.
- Strong background and experience in Jewish camping and/or related fields
- Desire and ability to work with children and young adults in a camp setting
- Well-versed in youth culture and current trends
- Be a self-starter and able to work with minimum amount of supervision
- Ability to motivate, manage, and counsel
- Ability and willingness to be spontaneous
- Ability to communicate with, relate to, and serve as an example to all campers and staff
- Willingness and ability to take full responsibility for safety and security of campers
- Ability to give and receive guidance, constructive feedback, and support
- Ability to use Google Apps
Camp Inc. is a program of the Boulder JCC, and is one of the 4 camps participating in, and funded by, the Foundation for Jewish Camp’s Incubator II. This is a seasonal position for the summer of 2015. Business Specialists work together as a team, under the direction of Camp Director, Josh Pierce.
The Chief Fun Officer is an integral part of a small, 25 person team. They facilitate all of the non-business related programs and experiences, including evening activities, free-time choices, and Colorado Adventure Days. The Chief Fun Officer is responsible for working together with counselors and leadership alike to provide a fun, safe environment for all children. CFO will help create traditions and culture within Camp Inc. during our 2nd year. Chief Fun Officer should expect to work hard, and be willing to take on additional responsibilities as they come.
Chief Fun Officer will live with the rest of the camp staff on Camp Inc.’s 70 acre property in Steamboat Springs, CO. Along with salary and up to $300 in travel expenses, all meals and housing are included with the position.
Programming Related Responsibilities:
– General programming: Coordinate evening activities, Colorado adventure days, free time choices, and all-camp/unit programming
– Assist staff in creation of cabin/unit programming appropriate to their age group
– Design and run Maccabiah (Color War) each session
– Create and implement a 4th of July celebration
– Coordinate logistics behind camper and staff programming including, but not limited to, supply, food, and space requests, transportation
– Inventory program related supplies and equipment at the beginning and close of the summer
– Assist with Staff Orientation Week
– Develop and implement staff recreational programming in coordination with Director and Associate Director
– Prepare and provide weekly activity schedules to staff
– Create a system for, and implement Shabbat choice (Shalective) programming for all campers
– Develop and coordinate Shabbat-friendly evening programs for Saturday night
– Coordinate evening and free-time activities for the trip to Boulder each session
– Manage and own the Summer Programming Calendar
– Consult with Business Specialists on Inc. sessions as necessary
General Staff Responsibilities:
– Be a positive role model for the entire camp community
– Responsible for the health, safety, and happiness of ALL campers at ALL times
– Attend regular meetings, participate in formulation and implementation of camp policy
– Directly responsible for the cleanliness and care of living space – includes pre and post camp inventory of housing
– Assist in facilitation and execution of all camp programs as determined by the camp administration
– Adhere to goals, mission, and philosophy of Camp Inc.
– Be a self-starter and have the ability to work with minimal amount of supervision
– Motivate, manage, and steer campers and camper teams to successful, educational outcomes
– Give and receive guidance, constructive feedback, and support
– Participate in, and occasionally lead, evening activities
How to ApplyFor more information, please go to www.CampInc.com or call 303-500-3020 Send resume and references to Associate Director, Dan Baer – Dan@CampInc.com
878 total views, 3 today