Full-Time US Social Media & Community Support Professional
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
HonestReporting (HR) is seeking a dynamic Project Manager to develop our Social Media growth and USA grassroots presence. The role will build upon a 150,000 strong community of readers, driving awareness of our work across the relevant communal press and through the expansion of our social media and local volunteer networks.
You will support the Jerusalem team’s Social Media and PR efforts to achieve measurable growth and engagement both online and offline with the organization. This role will further support US Staff in educational and development programming including Campus and Community presentation and workshops.
In this role you will:
– Promote HonestReporting materials through social media
– Monitor social media for relevant content of interest to HonestReporting editors, readers and supporters
– Assist senior editorial staff with monitoring of mainstream media
– Build relationships with online communities through Twitter and Facebook
– Build relationships with Jewish / Israeli media and sympathetic journalists.
– Assist senior editorial staff with research and writing.
– Seed news and promotional content in order to drive an increase in the volume of HonestReporting materials, opinion and quotes in print and broadcast media.
Qualifications and Qualities:
– Resident of Eastern United States with easy access to urban centers (DC, NYC, Boston).
– Capacity to work flexible hours in support of Jerusalem based editorial team.
– Familiarity with all major social media including Twitter, Facebook.
– Excellent computer skills, familiarity with WordPress and HTML an advantage.
– Mother-tongue / high-level English. Hebrew and / or other additional languages an advantage.
– Excellent understanding of Israeli and Middle East history and politics with a nuanced capacity to discern media bias from political debate.
– Proven background in Israel advocacy and / or media work.
– University-level education.
– Enthusiastic about social networking and community relationship development
– Strong organizational capacity with a commitment to accuracy, integrity and broad appreciation backed by experience for Jewish and Israel related communal service.
About the Organization:
HonestReporting monitors the news for bias, inaccuracy, or other breach of journalistic standards in coverage of the Arab-Israeli conflict. It also facilitates accurate reporting for foreign journalists covering the region. HonestReporting is not aligned with any government or political party or movement.
HonestReporting is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in our recruitment, selection and employment processes. We aim to hire and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to gender, race, orientation or any other identity characteristic or status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This Job Description is indicative and not exhaustive of the roles and responsibilities, as well as qualities and skills that may inform the final parameters of the position.
How to ApplyPlease submit a one-page cover note detailing your experience and relevant skills along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or further solicitation please. This effort is a 3-6 month project in support of our Annual Campaign. Applicants must have the capacity to work as an independent contractor. A successful evaluation of the project might present opportunities for continued engagement with the agency. Successful applicants will be contacted for further interview. Application deadline is September 30th 2014.
830 total views, 1 today