Full-Time Vice President of Development
The Brooklyn Children’s Museum is seeking a creative and savvy fundraising professional to join a new leadership team charged with maximizing the potential of the Museum’s expanded facility in the heart of the Brooklyn renaissance. This is an opportunity to launch new initiatives and work with Board and staff to build upon over 100 years of leadership in the field as an iconic institution providing interactive learning for families and children.
The Vice President for Development is responsible for securing public and private funds to support the renowned Brooklyn Children’s Museum (BCM), the world’s first museum created especially for children, and to advance its earned income goals in coordination with the marketing and communications program. The Museum serves a diverse audience of 250,000 children and adults from around Brooklyn and all other boroughs.
Reporting to the President and working in partnership with the Board of Trustees and the Director of Marketing/Communications, along with 3 full time staff, the VP creates annual and long-range plans to increase giving from individuals, foundations, corporations, and public sources, develop strategy for the Museum’s membership program planned in coordination with marketing/audience development initiatives. The VP for Development in partnership with the President is charged with leading and supporting strategies to build future generations of the Board. In FY13, the museum’s annual budget is $5.5 million.
The Vice President is a senior leadership position and participates in implementing the long-term strategic plan and annual operating plans for the organization and in developing new external partnerships.
• Minimum B.A. and five years in a senior management position in a museum or other non-profit educational organization and at least seven years of experience in development and related fields.
• Proven success in fund raising, including solicitation of gifts and grants from individuals, foundations, corporations and government agencies, particularly major gifts.
• Experience in city, state or federal lobbying an asset.
• Able to balance competing priorities, complex situations and lead and motivate individuals.
• Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
• Related marketing and communications experience a plus.
How to ApplyResumes received through May 17: VPDevelopment@brooklynkids.org
1630 total views, 2 today